What is causing this?

TheBromad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot this in RAW. When I tried to bring up the exposure and upped the contrast I noticed vertical lines in the underexposed areas.... This has happened to me on other photos also.... Any advice?

Shot on t3i with 18-55 mm
image.jpeg

I'm guessing you are processing a basic jpeg rather than a fine jpeg or indeed a raw files and introducing artifacts, just a guess though

What software?
I do all of my editing on my phone, I thought that maybe that might be the case, but Photoshop is a little out of my price range right now. And I couldn't find any alternatives that edit raw.

The Canon software that shipped (I read that some cameras offer download from the Canon site instead of CD discs that packaged with the camera) with your camera should work with the Canon RAW files, try it.

The Canon software that shipped (I read that some cameras offer download from the Canon site instead of CD discs that packaged with the camera) with your camera should work with the Canon RAW files, try it.
I've had this camera for about 5 years and don't have the slightest idea of where that disc is lol I haven't really got into photography until very recently and didn't realize I'd need the disc at the time

You say you shoot in raw. Is your phone capable of editing actual raw files? Maybe you're really editing one of the embedded JPEGs that are in the raw file.

that actually looks like you applied some kind of texture in post processing. Linen texture looks very similar to what you have there. Is it possible that you applied a texture without realizing it.
Also, you can get Photoshop and Lightroom CC for about $10/mo.

that actually looks like you applied some kind of texture in post processing. Linen texture looks very similar to what you have there. Is it possible that you applied a texture without realizing it.
Also, you can get Photoshop and Lightroom CC for about $10/mo.
No I never use textures and this happens to me on other photos too in post

You say you shoot in raw. Is your phone capable of editing actual raw files? Maybe you're really editing one of the embedded JPEGs that are in the raw file.
That I'm not sure of, i know that I can see this happening while I'm editing the image though, so it's not an issue of the file compressing when being exported. im not sure this is just really frustrating lol

Here is an even better example.... It's disappointing because I really like this shot :(
image.jpeg

looks like your shooting a Television Screen or through screen windows.

Are you saving at 100%, or the highest setting?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back