What is in your camera bag (post a picture)

5135-pelican1600.jpg

This was posted recently in another thread. This case setup for band gigs.

I am completely stupid with uploading things, so if these don't work, oh well.
Tamrac Expedition 5 With Nikon F4s W/ 70-210, 35-70, Nikon L35af, binoculars, Nikon 50mm 1.8

Tamrac Pro 12 With Nikon F2s w/ MD-2 50mm1.4, Nikon F3 w/ MD-4 35-135mm, 300 4.5 ED, Light meter and just a bunch of other crap.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/jwkwd/IMG_0259.jpg

I have smaller bags for whatever I might be doing, or want less weight.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/jwkwd/IMG_0258.jpg

And yes, I used my trusty Canon powershot A10 which I usually only use for Ebay stuff.

Taken with a cameraphone...

img019.jpg

Left to right:
Tamron 75-300mm f/4-5.6
Rebel XT body with Canon 50mm f/1.8 attached
Kit lens (18-55)

Barely visible in the lower right is a body and lens cap screwed together.

This is all in a Kata backpack that I can put my laptop in as well. In other compartments/pockets I keep my memory cards, remotes, etc.

Don't have a picture but it's usually my FE2 with Nikkor 20/4, 28/2.8, 50/1.4, 55/2.8 Micro, 85/1.4, 105/2.5, 80-200/4, SB-16B, Pentax 360FGZ and Gossen LunaPro F. Sometimes I can cram the FM2 in there as well, but it gets to be a load.

Dave

I don't like camera bags that look like camera bags. I put some padding in the bottom and there's a pad strip in between the lenses and camera. I've used this for a couple years now, no issues... $12 from the surplus store, padding was from an old tamrac bag i have.

armybag2.jpg

armybag1.jpg

I don't like camera bags that look like camera bags. I put some padding in the bottom and there's a pad strip in between the lenses and camera.

Not having your camera bag look like a camera bag can be really smart depending on where you walk...

Not having your camera bag look like a camera bag can be really smart depending on where you walk...
Isn't that the whole idea behind the Crumpler bags? They look more like diaper bags to me.

Yeah, but would you want to go out alone carrying what looked like a diaper bag? :) Might get a few funny stares...

Yeah, but would you want to go out alone carrying what looked like a diaper bag? :) Might get a few funny stares...

You might get some funny stares, but apparently a diaper bag is about the safest thing you can carry around! I heard a police officer give a talk one time about personal safety. He said that in all his years of experience thieves have ripped off pretty much everything EXCEPT a diaper bag. I guess no one wants to risk getting caught nabbing a sack full of stinky poo-bombs :confused:

Daiper bag would keep theives away, but it'd also keep away the ladies and that's no good. :pimp:

I did buy a Crumpler bag once and didn't like it for some reason. I just happened to see the Army bag when I was looking for something else in the store.

Diaper bag, what a great idea. Just so happens that I've got probably 4 diaper bags no longer used in storage in the basement. One in particular is quite small (probably would fit your genera DSLR + 1 or 2 lenses, but I don't have DSLR, nor lenses), all black (no baby prints all over it), and has some storage pockets on the outside as well.

The one I'm thinking of is either a diaper bag, or even better for cushioning, an insulated bag for carrying a few quarts of baby formula. For further cushioning/shock, well, I expand and mold EPP (expanded polypropylene) foam used in energy absorption applications. I have plenty of scrap low density EPP foam blocks laying around.

Hrmmmmm I've always used a briefcase for a diaper bag... Which I use now as a camera bag... Currently (until christmas) Nikon FM10 w/35-70 kit lens Mamiya NC1000 w/ 50mm f1.4 Cheapo tripod that falls over if you look at it funny Olympus D510 P&S (2MP) batteries. After christmas replace all that with D50 w/50mm f1.8 :) (maybe the FM10 for those shots you just know are going to turn out.)

About the diaper bag. I have no idea where it is. I know we have a bunch, including the smaller one which would be perfect for me with just my small camera, and the stock "accessories" it came with (read the cables to connect to PC/TV). Also some spare batteries and stuff.

When I asked the wife if we still had it, she came back and handed me a bag and asked if it would work for me. It's my daughter's black soft lunchbag that she got at school for selling X amount of stuff. Worked pretty good, my camera with a smaller bag of extra batteries, cables, charger, and extra cards. There's a separate zipper compartment on the bottom that is suppose to hold a tuperware type container. Perfect to slip the old Fuji cam in to carry for my daughter.

I'm all about cheap and use whatcha got. I know you can get one of those multiplier type fit-over lenses for my camera to double/triple the zoom capabilities and a few of those would fit just fine if I got a 2.2x and a 3.3x (or whatever numbers). I could fit a mini tabletop tripod in there as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back