What is the best new camera to buy?

TheDoctor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am in the market for a new camera for Christmas and I want a brand new one. I am just wondering what type of camera I should go with if I wanna get like really good shots in low lighting. Also I want to take pictures of the moon. I'm not that educated when it comes to cameras cause what I have now is totally old school..a used Olympus E500.

Moon photos.. you could try a 1000mm MTO mirror lens. M42 lens mount. Mount it on a Canon DSLR using an M42 adaptor. Tthe Canon DSLR lens mount-to-sensor distance can accomodate M42 lenses. You would need a tripod.

D4, 1DX, D800, 5DMIII and D600. And a nice tripod to go with it.

I am in the market for a new camera for Christmas and I want a brand new one. I am just wondering what type of camera I should go with if I wanna get like really good shots in low lighting. Also I want to take pictures of the moon. I'm not that educated when it comes to cameras cause what I have now is totally old school..a used Olympus E500.

I believe you do not know too much about photography in general. We need more information from you in order to recommend you a camera or cameras.
- Budget
- Type of camera you prefer. (DSLR, pocket size point and shoot, High end point and shoot, mirrorless camera, film based camera etc)
- Type of photos beside moon. Low night could mean indoor birthday party, indoor basketball events, outdoor street photos at night etc. (Please note that sometimes we add artificial light to the scene during shooting in low light environment)

I believe you do not know too much about photography in general. We need more information from you in order to recommend you a camera or cameras.
- Budget
- Type of camera you prefer. (DSLR, pocket size point and shoot, High end point and shoot, mirrorless camera, film based camera etc)
- Type of photos beside moon. Low night could mean indoor birthday party, indoor basketball events, outdoor street photos at night etc. (Please note that sometimes we add artificial light to the scene during shooting in low light environment)
^^^What he said

Most reactions

Back