What Is The Best Photo Stitching Software?

gotta go with CS3 hahah
you can stitch together panos that you handhold, all automatically, or manually if u so choose

last year i tested quite a few programs including PSCS2 with a couple of very difficult panos.

panorama plus from Serif did the best j ob, it was listed on auto stitch site indicating that they had a liscense to use their software which is very powerful.

it wasn't very expensive which was a plus.

hmm Panorama Plus (version 3 now) looks to be a limited application software, but also as its limited very powerful software - if you were making panoramas a lot I would choose this for the stitching.

However Photoshop Elements 7 also introduces a decent panorama stitching feature - along with its host of other editing freatures I would say this is one of the better budget editing programs.

After that there is Paint Shop pro X2 (PSP11) which has a layered stitching feature (allows you to stitch together several different shots of the same scene - for HDR photos). and is also at a decent budget:
demo here: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1184951547051

After all that though if you have the money for photoshop the full version then go for it :)

Even ps elements 6 does great pano's

hehe Thanks for that :)
yah - elements 6 -

yes panaroma plus 3 is a stand alone program, sorry i didn't mention that.

if you are really doing a lot of pano's then i wuoild suggest using it; however, if you only do a few or only on occasion then i would sugget getting a program that provides more editing features.

Panorama Studio is what I use occasionally. for single row panoramas it is very good.

Granted I haven't used Photoshop's panorama stitching script since CS1, but it was HORRIBLE for my purposes - mainly because it did not in anyway account for spherical aberration by lenses.

So I went out and found RealViz's "Stitcher" software. That was alright, but it got to the point where it couldn't handle some of the stuff I threw at it. Then I found AutopanoPro, which I think is a wonderful bit of software. I have only had one instance where it didn't do a good job, and that was before I actually learned how to help it by manually giving it alignment points. I highly recommend it.

Hugin is a nice free one that I've used with good results. Quite a lot of options, and any level of auto/manual control. Pretty sure it runs on every operating system by now as well.

Most reactions

Back