WHAT is the best version OF PHOTOSHOP????

the best version is anyone that is free LOL. Damn its expensive. I still use 6.0 and like someone said its more than enough for just editing photos. Elements is a good version. On the other hand there are many other good programs out there which I like certain features better than photoshop.

Well, for us Intel Mac users, there is really only one choice... CS3. All of the other PhotoShop versions run in emulation mode, and the speed difference is big.

There are several goo Photoshop tutorial DVD's out on the market. I purchased a 6 DVD set called Photoshop Simplified for portrait and wedding photographers. It is great! Even though I don't do weddings, and seldom portraits in the formal sense I benefited greatly from this set. It is sold at:

http://www.photovisionvideo.com/productinfo.html

I had ps7, and bought cs2, they both do a good job. Get a book called the ps bible, it is an excellent reference.1100 pages . It is a great help. Also I would suggest you check your local community college, they often offer classes on PS.

I have used Photoshop 6,7 , and cs2. I agree that the newer versions don't get any easier to do. You can find plugins that will make the process easier, however thats usually more money. I would suggest reading up on using the curves command, It can do so much for your photos. Be patient though as curves can be very hard to grasp at first.

If you really want to take your photos to another level using photoshop, Ben Willmore teaches seminars around the country. I attended the one in Columbus, OH and it's worth every penny ($100 or $80 with the napp membership) A lot of it was dealing with curves, retouching, color correction, etc...
http://www.photoshopseminars.com/class/162/?PHPSESSID=4fc941aa316f1c2abbe6d7d23e47456a

I have been using Photoshop Elements for about 10 days now. I do believe it is easier or maybe thats because I can find tutorials on it. I only choose Elements because once my free trial is up I can actually afford to buy it.

However, I still have ALOT of learning before I am "good" at PS. :)

Most reactions

Back