What is the best wy to trigger a shot from afar?`

I

Iron Flatline

I need to take the family shot, and I have no one else to take the picture. How can I best trigger a shot while being in it? Timer on-camera each time is too clumsy.

I shoot a Canon EOS while triggering two 580 EXs via PW.

If you have another PW (and the correct cord) you can use it to fire the camera along with the flashes. I'm pretty sure that's how they fire the cameras that they hide in NHL goal nets and on NBA back boards etc.

Canon does make a wireless remote for some EOS cameras...but I think it's only the lower end ones, for some strange reason. You can get 3rd party radio remotes for pretty cheap.
Gadget Infinity :: Digital Camera :: Wireless Shutter :: Cactus Wireless Shutter Release for Canon EOS 50D 40D 7D 1Ds

An old fashioned air hose release might do it. Don't know if they are still available but if you're handy you should be able to cob house one up.

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago. It works great with both my 30D and 7D.

I'm using a cheap wireless ebay shutter trigger for my Canon 40D since last January, much like the Cactus trigger Big Mike linked, and it works terrific. I've used it through windows and walls and up to about 60 feet away so far - No fuss, no muss, and it cost me a whopping $20.90 with free shipping.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back