What is your favorite and most used trinity lens?

And they'd be a helluva lot more interesting than a 24-70 which to be honest, how interesting can that get? not very.
I have to admit, I don't think the 24-70 is that exciting either (probably my least used lens!)! Maybes so.. but god help the photographer with a 28 on the body, when he needs a 70... CROP TIME! LOL!
Lol with 36mp this shouldn't be a problem. However I have been thinking of waiting for the d600, if the wait time for d800 truly is 9mnths then it won't really matter. If I get the d600 there is a good chance I can have the real trinity with 14-24 and 24-70, and my 80-200. I've looked into the d700 I just feel that the new body is going to be better then the d700 interms of iq and if it has the same build quality as the d7000, it's not that far from the d700 as it is. Plus having video is a huge plus in certain situations.

And they'd be a helluva lot more interesting than a 24-70 which to be honest, how interesting can that get? not very.

I have to admit, I don't think the 24-70 is that exciting either (probably my least used lens!)! Maybes so.. but god help the photographer with a 28 on the body, when he needs a 70... CROP TIME! LOL!
This is where experience comes into play. You choose your FL for what you want and anticipate.

Take events for example, generally they're very kinetic. I've shot events entirely at 24mm and f/1.4. Both the client and I were thrilled! Could I have used a 70-200? Sure.. but it would have been boring/done/expected/par for the course, and I wanted the "wide angle-with-really shallow DOF" look. I just moved closer and made it work to my advantage.

This is where experience comes into play. You choose your FL for what you want and anticipate.

Take events for example, generally they're very kinetic. I've shot events entirely at 24mm and f/1.4. Both the client and I were thrilled! Could I have used a 70-200? Sure.. but it would have been boring/done/expected/par for the course, and I wanted the "wide angle-with-really shallow DOF" look. I just moved closer and made it work to my advantage.

i wish u wouldnt of mentioned that lens, i am debating if i should get that or the 14-24

24-70 is what I use the most, but on a FF camera I expect that to change to my 70-200. Going FF has a pretty major effect on your effective focal length.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back