What is your pet peeve about trying to capture a photo

Forgetting the last session was shot at ISO1600.:gah:

Another vote for power lines.

Kids that move too fast.

No dice, in every image there were power lines.

So my biggest pet peeve is power lines. I hate them. What drives you crazy trying when trying to capture an picture?

I feel you on the power lines. I have a great sunset location very close to my house, only problem is those damn power lines.

I too would have to say power lines.

Oh yeah, power lines are bad too.

3220778325_a4fb1a5eb4.jpg

the clouds were great when i took this...sadly...power lines

What drives you crazy trying when trying to capture an picture?

People in my background drive me NUTS :angry1:. I tend to photograph my subjects in populated areas. Waiting for just the right second so that no stragglers are pacing through my background is tough work. I usually catch a stray limb, head, foot, etc more often than I would like :(

I also have this problem which is one of the reasons I don't take many barn shots anymore. By The way, I also like taking covered bridges, but again, no place to park.

Dagwood56, You sound like my kind of photog. My passion is barns and covered bridges. Where are you from? Lots of Barns & Bridges? I live in Northern Kentucky, so I have tons of barns. As for covered bridges, I have gone to Parke County Indiana. More covered bridges in one county than anywhere else I've found. I think they claim 29 bridges.

Do you have a site with your barns & bridges? I'd love to see your stuff.

For that matter anyone with a collection of barns and bridges, I'd love to see them. Nice to see what others are doing with the same subject matter.

Here's some of my collection if you'd like to check them out:

Parke County, Indiana

Misc. Barns & Country Living

And More

Chris --

I'm in North central Berks county PA, lots of Amish and Mennonite farms. I've photographed about 125 so far and until recently I had them all posted at Photo Bucket, but I closed the account due to slow upload times {I still have dial up service} Plus I planned on making a web site gallery of my own, but finding a free site that actually gives enough space to post a lot of photos has proven difficult. I have some that I did in B&W that really look cool too. Covered Bridges, I have about 6, not many considering the amount in the PA area, most of those I took with film several years ago.

I'm working on trying to get something together so I can post some pics here or at least post a link, but not sure how long it will take me. I feel a bit guilty commenting on other's work when I haven't shown any of my own recently. I could send you a few examples if you wanted to PM me your email.

Looked at your work - puts mine to shame! :)

Last edited:
Western Pa here. Howdy neighbor :D Let's Go Steelers!!!!

I have a couple of bridges and actually only 1 barn uploaded right now. My problem is, I got them all back when I knew nothing about photography and just went riding on the motorcycle with a P&S digicam hanging around my neck underneath my jacket. I would stop at every bridge I came across. Unfortunately now since I've been reading and trying to learn about photography for the past year, I've pretty much determined a lot of my old photos from the motorcycle days as scraps.

A few here on my little free gallery.

Forgetting the last session was shot at ISO1600.:gah:

that just blows... like getting kicked in the nuts...

i remember being frustrated about powerlines a few months ago..... i started a thread to see if there were any photographers out there who spend their days shooting powerlines... i wanted to see if they get pissed when things like tree's and statues get in their powerline shot...

nobody confessed to being a powerline shooter...

my peeve is doing macro's in mosquito season..... nothing worse than the patience requirment of macro when combined with biting bugs...

mrodgers: Actually I was hoping for "Go Eagles" with the Steelers, but we can't have everything can we? So yes - Go Steelers!

You use free webs? I looked at them and didn't think they offered enough space to post much. Nice work by the way....perhaps I'll take a closer look at freewebs again tomorrow. I was going to use bravenet till I found out you had to know html.

I just recently said to my husband it was too bad we didn't ride motorcycles. I got the strangest look - then I explained I could get a lot more photos because a cycle would fit nicely on that tiny strip of asphalt at the side of the road....what is it, like a yard wide? LOL. I was able to get two bridges in the Oley area about a year ago, but they aren't great shots because we had to walk down a steep incline to the creek bank for the one and each direction there was overgrown brush so my vantage point was limited to that one spot. The other one I would have had to stand in ankle deep water or scale a fence into a cow pasture to get a good shot.

Most reactions

Back