What kind of Tripod?

I'm shooting with a D80, I'm not sure what 6 inch things with springy legs are......is that what you call a small tripod? Yes, birth photography, I'm currently a doula and would like to take some shots in the room. When I think I'm good enough I would do some births just for photography alone, not doula work and yes, charge for it.

I took a peek at monopods. They seem more expensive!? Maybe. Can you give me some guidance here? I didn't want to spend over $60 for this right now.

Thanks,

Alicia
Given you budget go to Best Buy and, get the one higher priced Supac model for like $80 it is both a tripod and, monopod. The tripos may be a bit large for moving aound a room though. It is actually not a bad cheap tripod.

Take this for what its worth but I am finishing up medical school right now and will be a doctor (although not an OB/GYN) soon. I have spent my fair share of time in the labor and delivery wing of the hospital though.

And I haven't read this whole thread in detail, but you don't need a tripod to shoot in a delivery room. There will be more than enough light to shoot everything you want. The overhead surgical lights will be on during the delivery, so you don't have to worry about long shutter speeds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back