What lens do you use at the park?

Did you apply sharpening?

The first does indeed seem soft, but the 50/1.4 is a tack sharp lens, and it can't be shake at that shutter speed. My guess is missed focus.

The second is focused on the baby, and I'm guessing you were working pretty close because you needed much more DoF. A good way to go about this to set a focus point on the baby, then move the focus a little back away from the camera. And something closer to f/6 or f/8.

The third seems alright, though could do with a little sharpening. Er, that and your wife has a smile that looks so forced I wouldn't be surprised if someone was pointing a gun and yelled "SMILE!!!" o_O

Both lenses you have are tack sharp. The 50/1.4 is very, very sharp even at 1.4, so that's not the issue. Any problems are likely down to operator error.

Did you apply sharpening?

The first does indeed seem soft, but the 50/1.4 is a tack sharp lens, and it can't be shake at that shutter speed. My guess is missed focus.

The second is focused on the baby, and I'm guessing you were working pretty close because you needed much more DoF. A good way to go about this to set a focus point on the baby, then move the focus a little back away from the camera. And something closer to f/6 or f/8.

The third seems alright, though could do with a little sharpening. Er, that and your wife has a smile that looks so forced I wouldn't be surprised if someone was pointing a gun and yelled "SMILE!!!" o_O

Both lenses you have are tack sharp. The 50/1.4 is very, very sharp even at 1.4, so that's not the issue. Any problems are likely down to operator error.

The only sharpening that I know how to use is smart sharpen and unsharp mask. Both were applied and I really dont know if I really know how to use either. I just adjust until it seems ok. Also in camera I used the center focus point only and tried to set focus on the eyes. Thanks for the tips at least its an easy reschedule.

If you used the center focus only, that explains the 1st one being blurry. The subject is obviously not centered so the use of one of the focus points on the right should have been used. You could have also stopped down the lens more to give yourself morel leeway with the focusing. Like I said in my other post, with these 50mm lenses, if you don't focus the lens properly, the shots will be soft.

If you used the center focus only, that explains the 1st one being blurry. The subject is obviously not centered so the use of one of the focus points on the right should have been used. You could have also stopped down the lens more to give yourself morel leeway with the focusing. Like I said in my other post, with these 50mm lenses, if you don't focus the lens properly, the shots will be soft.

Yeah I usually only use the center focus dot but I focus on the subjects faces and half hold the shutter button and then recompose the shot. Hopefully Sunday I will get a reshoot.

Most reactions

Back