What's new

What lens should I get?

Hmm, how about the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8? Would you recommend that?
 
Hmm, how about the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8? Would you recommend that?

Someone from this forum told me they have it and that it's an excellent lens. Can you find a good deal on one?
 
So far, I best price I can find is $200. I think there might be two different kinds of lenses along those lines. Was it the:

Sigma 18 50mm F2.8 4.5 DC OS HSM

or the

Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC HSM Lens

I'm referring to the fist one, which is most likely not as good as the second one. The EX lens is usually around $400, while the OS one is $200.
 
So far, I best price I can find is $200. I think there might be two different kinds of lenses along those lines. Was it the:

Sigma 18 50mm F2.8 4.5 DC OS HSM

or the

Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-50mm f2.8 EX DC HSM Lens

I'm referring to the fist one, which is most likely not as good as the second one. The EX lens is usually around $400, while the OS one is $200.

It's the f/2.8 that gets the good reviews
 
Alright, I think I have kind of narrowed it down, and my apologies for changing my mind so fast. The more I look into it, the more I find. Anyway, out of these two:

Sigma 18-50mm f2.8-f4.5

or

Rokinon 8mm

Which one do you think would work the best for me? And my MAIN priority is skateboard video and photography, using a Canon T2i that already has a Canon 50mm f1.8 lens.

Also, keep prices in mind. I am about to receive $300. The Sigma is $200, while the Rokinon is about $260. There are other things I have to buy for certain things, like:

Battery grip $30-$100
Hague Mini Motion Stabilizer $100
Intervalometer timer remote $20
Shoulder Support stabilizer $30

If I buy the Sigma, I'll have $100 left over to spend on those. The Rokinon, I'll have about $40.

Now, I don't just want to hear opinions, but stories. Not like a campfire story or anything, just something from someone who had a good/bad experience relating to something like this. That's one of the main reasons I came here; to get good info and tips from someone who has been "here" before.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom