What lens should I use for microshots

mariah1902

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
backgroundremove.photos
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have took plenty of portraits and also many landscape photos but recently I have decided to do some micro shots. I have a presentation and I have to do it fast. I was wondering what lens should I buy for that purpose. Please someone help me out.

What do you mean by micro shots?
I assume you're talking about macro type photography.

If you mean the image on the sensor approaching life size, then a true macro lens (NOT a zoom with macro in the name) is the easiest approach. There are many other options using normal lenses which can give excellent results too, but probably less worth investigating if you are in a rush.

If you need to get closer than 1:1 then you'll need to add extra techniques though there are now a few macro lenses that reach 2x without costing thousands.
Something like a microscope objective, on suitable extension, might be the way to go for these higher magnifications, unless you need more than 10x when there's little option but to use a microscope.

My favourite source for all the macro options is www.extreme-macro.co.uk it describes all the options & has lots of tips...

What setup, and parameters?
As petrochemist states, it really depends on what your trying to do.

What brand and model of camera?

That's perhaps the best available for macro but very expensive, only suitable for Canon cameras (or for the lens alone, systems that can be adapted to EF) and is restricted to 1x to 5x lifesize.
The OP has not yet disclosed what size they mean by micro, or what camera system/budget is available, so it's to early for such specific recomendations.

Yes, but as you point out the op didn't specify any parameters, so I have specified my opinion on the best macro lens across all formats, regardless of cost.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back