What lens will be great for my t4i?

tinaalyphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I Already own a canon 50mm 1.8 lens

Need something else. less than $1000 preferably. Portrait clear crisp lens!
Need advice thanks :)

The 50 you have now is great for portraits on a t4i. I would stick with that.

If you really want another lens though look at 70-200 f/4 (budget friendly) or event the 70-200 f/2.8 (you might be able to find one used for under 1000). They are good for portraits IMO.

^^^but if you already have the $1,000, I would hold out and get the 70-200mm f/2.8L. I've seen some used one going in the $1,200-$1,500 range.

If you really want another lens though look at 70-200 f/4 (budget friendly) or event the 70-200 f/2.8 (you might be able to find one used for under 1000). They are good for portraits IMO.
Both good lenses. I think I would still go with the 85 though, it's really a great lens, and the money saved could go towards a flash or something (or maybe another lens).

A fast 85mm prime is basically the "go-to portrait lens" for a LOT of people.

I'm sort of biased towards primes though. IMO, it's justifiable. :lol: Usually, you'll get a better, faster lens for less money with a prime.

What about a Sigma 85mm f1.4? It's a fantastic portrait lens and well within your budget

85 prime is on my wish list of glass to get. I have a long wish list lol.

Another lens I use a lot while doing work indoors in tight areas on my 7D is the canon 17-40 f/4L. Allows you to get very close in rooms with a lot of people and get nice sharp portraits. You can def get that lens for under 1000 also.

If you have the time and space though when your friend shoots. Prime I would say is the best option. Fast and sharp!

100mm macro. You can use it for portrait and you can take pics of small things!

Most reactions

Back