What makes these photos look so good?

^^^ haha, i was thinking the same thing. although, for the price, the 50 1.8 is a superb lense. ha, i own one.

that's funny, a $2,000 camera with a $80 lens on it.
i guess that's a little lesson for those of us that desire "L" glass..

^^^ haha, i was thinking the same thing. although, for the price, the 50 1.8 is a superb lense. ha, i own one.

Oh I do too, luckily mine isn't the "II" model :) (I got it for $55 because the guy selling it accidentally superglued the hood to it, so using a polarizer is difficult, but still they go used for $135 or more)

I love the optics and I don't have quite as bad build problems, but I still wish canon would remake them like they did the Mk Is and just sell them for $150 instead of $80.

at the bottom of the page it says eos 5d with 50mm f1.8

Right, its a Canon EOS 5D and edited on a Macintosh with Adobe Photoshop CS3.

These pics are not all that difficult to reproduce on a camera with a shallow DOF and a little PPing afterwards to add the vignetting and sharpening. They also did tweak saturation and contrast... a little more than I would. I am not a great fan of pics with that over-processed over-saturated look, makes any good camera look like your standard P&S. The topic is great, though and as mentioned that always makes a pic that much better!

wow... nice shots there... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back