What method of developing?

Axel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I wonder what method of developing pictures is the most practical for the price. I have no intention to make any large posters or anything special with my pictures right now, so I wonder if the 1 hour developing is visibly worse than from a lab that may take several days? Or what about CD? What are the differences and in what cases should I go for each option?

Thank you :?

usually if you find a good 1 hour lab those tend to give you the best results because they usually do a smaller volume than a production lab which is where film goes when you have it processed in an "out lab" If they will they can take more time to correct and give you the best print in a 1 hour lab. an average 1 hour lab might do anywhere from 50 to 150 rolls a day an out lab is pumping out film in the hundreds of rolls a day they do it as fast as they can. But then again you pay more in 1 hour labs than out labs. And also you may never see a difference in quality becuase most labs have a standard they maintain their labs. If you just want to proof your photos just get develope and a CD you can always have photos printed if you have the negatives.

Thanks Bernie,

Now I see there is a reason to ask before taking action! :eek: I always thought that the labs did a better job! :shock: But I guess not... Regarding the CD, it is very true what you say.

I appreciate your input and obviously welcome more of those! :)

I would have always thought "out labs" would have done a better job too... Generally at work we usually have 1-2 people working. A Lot of the time it is one serving, one printing... However -when breaks come - one person does the lot and often doesnt have a lot of time on their hands... (theres the occasion when you wish you had more to do though!)

fadingaway,

I thought the same. Now I wonder which is the best... Not that I am taking any pictures that require special treatment from the lab, but it would be interesting to know which is to prefer apart from do-it-yourself, which obviously - and if you know how to do it - is the best method.

Most reactions

Back