what motivates these people?

a man with a history of psychiatric problems, was taken into custody a short time after the attack and held on attempted murder and other charges, police said

Because they're needing help and not getting it.

hobbes28 said:
Because they're needing help and not getting it.

ya think?

why does the system not recognize these type individuals or release them so soon?

i'd like to hear how other countries deal with the mentally ill?

Nothing new. Folk's total disregard for human life has been going on since day one. One approach may be to consider this man's anger. Sometimes if we can consider the "the why and where fors" we can understand the bigger picture.

NM.

Didn't read properly.

How 'bout this one... Our building is next door to a cemetary where many of the employees walk over lunch. It's got nice hills and all and some shade and Christa McAuliffe's grave is there so it's pretty nice all the way around. So, today, there was a young lady walking over there from our customer service section, when this guy comes out of the woods...naked! He chased her all the way to the little patch of grass that seperates our building from the cemetary. :shock: Now there's a $1000 reward for the capture of this clown and a place for me to go for lunch from now on so I can try and earn an extra grand. :D

Some people...

reminds me of the song 'the streak' by ray stevens :)

glad she was only chased.

In the UK, they shut down huge amounts of mental hospitals and decided that care in the community was the way to go, several murders later and it's still the same.

A baby was punched in her pram a couple of weeks ago - similar thing but without the knife

Canada quite awhile back let loose most of their mentally disturbed individuals from the hospitals. A despicable action in my opinion. One could see many of these individuals could not make it on their own. I will bet dollars to donuts that many fell victim to terrible crimes. I am hoping the criminally insane ones are still locked up.

I cannot remember who said it, but it went something like this " A society should be judged on how it treats least fortunate individuals" something along those lines anyway.

As for the man in the articule's motives, I do not think anyone of us really wants to know, just to scary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back