What music do you other photographers listen to?

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious to see what everyone's favorite music is. (bands or groups specifically)

My current favorites:

Modest Mouse (all-time absolute favorite by far!!!)
Arcade Fire
Built to Spill
Peter Bjorn and John
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Band of Horses
Bright Eyes
The Roots
Aesop Rock (had to throw some hip-hop in there)

I know there are several other I'm missing right now but I'll save some for everyone else:wink:

ive been on an arctic monkeys kick

I will have to give them another spin. I listened to them awhile ago only a couple times. Sometimes you just have to go back and try 'em again.

I listen to mostly just classical music...and NPR.

I listen to a LOT of NPR and not enough classical:wink:

punk and classical.

i.e descendents, lagwagon and bach

I listen to a wide variety of stuff, but right now I am on a heavy R.E.M. kick with the new album and all. If you haven't checked out R.E.M., you should.

I listen to a wide variety of stuff, but right now I am on a heavy R.E.M. kick with the new album and all. If you haven't checked out R.E.M., you should.

Well I definitely remember REM from back in the day, but I haven't really listened to them much for years. I didn't even know they had a new album...should be interesting to hear.

I will have to give them another spin. I listened to them awhile ago only a couple times. Sometimes you just have to go back and try 'em again.
in case you were looking for my opinion, their album "favourite worst nightmare" is awesome. :D

Well I definitely remember REM from back in the day, but I haven't really listened to them much for years. I didn't even know they had a new album...should be interesting to hear.

It's a lot like their old music. It's seriously the best album I've heard in a long, long time.

My current faves:

The Mars Volta
Porcupine Tree
Sigur Ros
Two Ton Shoe (awesome funk band... check 'em out)
Cinematic Orchestra
Daft Punk
DJ Shadow
Jump/Cut
Incubus
Air
Battles

I could go on for pages, but I'm sure you get the idea...

*noted*

I use to love REM...oh say, 10 years ago.

Thanks for the recommendation bud.

I listen to anything but my little sister whine :er:

Haha.

Seriously, it's a really tight album, Accelerate is. It's the best album R.E.M. has put out since the early to mid 80s. In fact, it might be their best yet. I hope they do a big tour.

Just curious to see what everyone's favorite music is. (bands or groups specifically)

My current favorites:

Arcade Fire
Built to Spill
Peter Bjorn and John
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Band of Horses
Bright Eyes
The Roots

I know there are several other I'm missing right now but I'll save some for everyone else:wink:

Good choices, Marcus. I need to add:

Neko Case :heart:
The Hold Steady
Drive-by Truckers
Ryan Adams
Wilco
Crooked Fingers
Mountain Goats
Bob Dylan
The Jayhawks
Tom Waits

I still listen to System of a Down songs.

My current favorites:

Arcade Fire
Built to Spill
Peter Bjorn and John
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Band of Horses
Bright Eyes
The Roots

Points for Bright Eyes and The Arcade Fire.

Beth, Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not is one of my favorite albums. The new one sucks, though, except for a couple songs, eh.

Lately, I've been listening to The Hold Steady, P.O.S., Kenna, Jimmy Eat World, and Pavement.

edit: Ok, Neal, nice. Neko Case, I love her, and Tweedy is a god to me. I've already mentioned The Hold Steady (Boys and Girls in America potential top ten album of mine), and Waits, Dylan, and Adams are favorites as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back