What music gets you hip shakin

lots and lots of different kinds...

Ska, metal, rock and roll, drum and bass, dance, ska, techno, house, rockabilly, ska, punk, reggae, industrial, some country, europop, ska, electronic, dark gothic, 60s/70s funk etc... but mostly ska and metal. :)

Fave bands include: Counting Crows, Linkin Park, Green Day, Spunge, Matylin Manson, Toasters, Solabeat Alliance, Jean Michelle Jarre..... the list can go on and on... :)

Now ska certainly gets my hips shakin. I was in a ska band in Denver. I wrote the songs, played rythm guitar and was the lead singer. What a blast I had performing on stage.

My favorites are: Pietasters, Mustard Plug, Mephiskapheles, Five Iron Frenzy, Scofflaws, Let's Go Bowling, Skoidats...

We were called the The Yellow Pages. :D Band is no more because the drummer quit. He was in love with a girl that happens to now be my wife of 4 yrs. He also had carpel tunnel. The horn players never showed up to practice. The lead guitarist kept adding this crappy funk flare to the music.

Mephiskapheles is rad. The were the 1st band to play when I saw Let's go Bowling. A little band called Sublime played too :) That was my first concert.
It's funny cause their schtick is satanic ska. I once saw Five Iron Frenzy which are christians open for them :lol:

All sorts of music can make my hips shake.

I've been a David Bowie fan for 17 years now.

But I also like Gary Numan, Billy Joel, Oasis, Marillion.

I recently bought Craig David - Slicker than your average
and Dannii Minoque - Neon Nights

very dancy albums

and of course the canadian rapper SNOW (Informer)
gets my hips shakin'

lol craig david.... bo selecta :lol:
CraigHEADSlowres.JPG

Portishead, Massice Attack, Jamiroquai, Daan, Ozark Henry, Jacques Brel still breaks my heart each time i hear.......Aphix twins, Simple Minds (80's), Pearl Jam, ....

coming from a musical family, i supose my taste is rather diverse:

electronic music- drumnbass/jungle, breaks, psytrance, hard trance, house, hardcore, trip hop etc etc... my faves from this genre atm would be, paul van dyk, , prodigy, dillinja, dj krush, thievery corporation, mauro picotto, steve lawler, infected mushrooms etc

blues/jazz- st germain, fiona apple etc

alternative/ rock etc- radiohead, tool, gomez, bic runga, ben harper, portishead, rhcp, ratm, queens of the stoneage, marliyn manson etc

old stuff- doors, cat stevens, queen, bob dylan etc

soul- lauren hill, erykah badu etc

rap/ hiphop- jurrasic 5, snoop doggy dog, 2up, company flow, dr dre etc

plenty more stuff i had trouble catergorizing eg, jeff buckley, bjork etc

hmm... well, this will probably give you a fair idea of what type of music i like :sillysmi:
note: there is no reference to tarts in skimpy lil' outfits like britany spears. i am strongly against those types of ppl who are not musicians, but good- looking performers pretending to sing what the record company says to. they don't deserve to be labeled as musicians, because they do not make thier millions by musical talent, rather physical image, catchy tunes their producer made and seductive dance moves. pfffft... im getting all worked up now! :pissed:

nothing like a glass top table, wine, wax, ice cubes, dd batteries, and

portishead
christ analogue
nmso4
nin

to get my hips moving.

nice to get a breather in the 'off topic' area o_O

Most reactions

New Topics

Back