What new TV show you watch this season?

I generally disagree with blanket assessments that all TV is bad. Some shows that I'm currently into and/or recently finished:
  • Great British Bake Off
  • Doctor Who
  • Good Place
  • Superstore
  • Brooklyn Nine Nine
  • Haunting of Hill House (finished)
  • The Detectorists (finished; loved the ending)
  • Doc Martin (waiting on season 9)
  • Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
  • Timeless (recently cancelled, but can't wait for movie)
That doesn't count repeats of older shows that I still watch when on...

Bodyguard " a British series. Talk about a suspenseful first 20 minutes.

One of our better ones here in the UK

I've taken an interest in the History Channel's "Forged In Fire" series. Always a pleasure to see how different craftsmen forge and create blades.

My wife has been a fan of NCIS and NCIS NOLA. To me, though, NCIS is getting a little long in the tooth. It seems like Gibb's team is venturing more and more into whiz-bang stories, and things not into real NCIS operations. I liked to watch NCIS NOLA, despite Scott Bakula, and his phony NOLA accent. They've gone of the deep end, too, only tangentially relating to what NCIS would do. My wife's a fan of Mark Harmon and Lucas Black. I think that's the only reason she watches either one.

I tried the new FBI series. However, Dick Wolf went off the deep end again with his obsession with ultra liberal causes. Before 15 minutes into the first episode, I'd already figured out that the bad guy was going to be a white supremacist, using innocent black and Puerto Rican gangs for his own end. Please give me Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., any time!

Blue Bloods is good, although "Danny" grinds me a bit. I know that they can't have an ensemble cast, but his self-righteousness does wear a bit thin. Thing is, boss unit is a fan of "The Man". Has told me numerous times that my minutes are numbered if he ever calls! :biggrin-93: :biggrin-93: :biggrin-93:

One of the best of the detective series was "Prime Suspect". Helen Mirren is excellent, and very easy on the eyes.

Timeless (recently cancelled, but can't wait for movie)

They are making a movie!!??,,,,,,,,,I surely hope!!!!!!
Yes! More of a “made for TV movie”, but yes! Woohoo! This is exactly like Firefly, if you watched that, as well. Cancelled the show, fans freaked out, and so they made a movie for closure. :)

This site says it’ll be on NBC December 20. Timeless Series Finale Gets Air Date, EPs Promise 'Unforgettable Thrill Ride Through Past, Present and Future'

One of the best of the detective series was "Prime Suspect". Helen Mirren is excellent, and very easy on the eyes.
So many great British crime series. Minder, The Professionals and Inspector Morse where some of my favourites.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Timeless (recently cancelled, but can't wait for movie)

They are making a movie!!??,,,,,,,,,I surely hope!!!!!!
Yes! More of a “made for TV movie”, but yes! Woohoo! This is exactly like Firefly, if you watched that, as well. Cancelled the show, fans freaked out, and so they made a movie for closure. :)

This site says it’ll be on NBC December 20. Timeless Series Finale Gets Air Date, EPs Promise 'Unforgettable Thrill Ride Through Past, Present and Future'

Fantastic! I really liked that show, it was a bit corny at times but was so fun. Another show that got "multiple" TV movies after only one season was Alien Nation.

My family is binge watching 8 years of That 70s show. My wife and I caught shows here and there......we had no idea there was a story arch to the seasons. I didn't say a good story arch. It has been a little more fun because my son is 14 and has been dating the girl he has always been interested in for about 8 months. He gets the humor now.

Not new shows, but since baseball season here ended, been watching several shows:
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Space Battleship Yamato 2202
Star Wars: Rebels

I guess aside from movies, the real life action stuff hasn't attracted me.

Most reactions

Back