What Nikkor Pro Glass is water resistant?

Live_free

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm building a shopping cart on BH photo right now and am looking for a medium range fast zoom. I was looking at the 24-70mm 2.8 as it fit the bill because of the range and speed, but it doesn't seem to have weather sealing.

What lens around this focal length does?

Thanks.

i'm pretty sure the 24-70's sealed. i've seen people use it in pretty crap conditions.

I'm assuming you're buying a D700 or D3 since the 24-70 would be a boring range and waste on DX, so of curiosity why not go with a super wide like a 16-35VR, the 50G, and 70-200?

Reason I ask is because the 24-70 is just another midrange zoom. Alot of people just get it by default with their D3's and D700's. It has it's place, for sure, but it's not a very exciting piece of equipment since f/2.8 is not particularly fast in the range compared to the primes.

I don't understand why anyone would use it on DX over the 17-55. Some people say "it's the perfect range for portrait photography", well that's a pretty darn big, expensive, expenditure on an inferior portrait lens compared to a 35 1.8, 50 1.4 or 85 1.4 on DX.

now i'm ranting, great.

Anyone have a list of water sealed lenses?

Nikon doesn't do weather sealed lenses per se. They don't seem to want to publicly say something that isn't absolutely true Knowing just what some of the people who shoot their cameras put them through this is probably a good idea. ;)

If it has the rubber gasket on the back where the camera goes then you are good to go.

Nikon doesn't do weather sealed lenses per se. They don't seem to want to publicly say something that isn't absolutely true Knowing just what some of the people who shoot their cameras put them through this is probably a good idea. ;)

If it has the rubber gasket on the back where the camera goes then you are good to go.

I know that last part, thing is without the lens I don't have any idea if it has that rubber gasket. lol

I know ... I thought you might get a kick out of seeing Nikon's only underwater SLR (though it would be cool if they made a digital version).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back