What? Nobody's gonna say anything about Joaquin Phoenix

If you see the last interview he did with David Letterman - several years ago - he was exactly the same! I'm still waiting for Ashton to come out and say we've been punked. :mrgreen:

I also feel like he must be acting. His last Letterman visit was insane too, but his other interviews from the same era were just fine. He was perfectly functioning. So if it is an act, then the obious question is: why? WHY? It doesn't make sense to me.

OK the man is an idiot. He seems to be adopting the Ozzy speak too.

Probably just stoned.

can't see video - not avalible
either means UK people can't see it or its moved!

Word 'on the street' is that he is doing some kind of social experiment and having his buddy, Casey Affleck, getting it all down on film. A kind of social documentary, if you will, conducted over the course of a year.

He stages a 'retirement' followed by a 'new career' into hip hop and makes out as if he's having a bit'o'a mental meltdown.

Maybe the documentary was/is inspired by the other social docos such as 'Super-Size Me' and the like...only this will be 'when Oscar Nominated Actors Go Wild'?

When I first saw the Letterman interview, I cringed into my couch with awkwardness at the whole thing but when I saw it again...there were hints that he is 'there' after all and very likely knows exactly what he's trying to pull off.

Wouldn't be surprised if Letterman was in on it.

Andy Kaufman anyone?

I would be surprised if all Letterman (who is he?) interviews are not scripted or at least the questions planned out in advace.

As for Joaquin - acting (and having some trouble hiding his own smile in some parts ;))

All I can say is - its good to see another beard in the world !

Word 'on the street' is that he is doing some kind of social experiment and having his buddy, Casey Affleck, getting it all down on film. A kind of social documentary, if you will, conducted over the course of a year.

He stages a 'retirement' followed by a 'new career' into hip hop and makes out as if he's having a bit'o'a mental meltdown.

Maybe the documentary was/is inspired by the other social docos such as 'Super-Size Me' and the like...only this will be 'when Oscar Nominated Actors Go Wild'?

When I first saw the Letterman interview, I cringed into my couch with awkwardness at the whole thing but when I saw it again...there were hints that he is 'there' after all and very likely knows exactly what he's trying to pull off.

Wouldn't be surprised if Letterman was in on it.

Andy Kaufman anyone?

And everyone is privy to it all yet he keeps on going like he's trying to fool people. It's the worst kept publicity stunt secret in history. So now that everyone is on to him, wonder how he'll back out of that now? What a dork.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back