I was gonna watermark this like I'm some big bad photographer,,,,,but Nahh.

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not that good yet, lol.
I may never be THAT good.
But yeah, I will.

I have been reading about composition rules.
I'm gonna teach myself how to do this. I want a mentor but nobody seems interested.
So what do I have to do to get a mentor around here, Darrell?
I think I'm ready.

hu4x4uO.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not that good yet, lol.
I may never be THAT good.
But yeah, I will.

I have been reading about composition rules.
I'm gonna teach myself how to do this. I want a mentor but nobody seems interested.
So what do I have to do to get a mentor around here, Darrell?
I think I'm ready.
I think there is a list of active mentor volunteers somewhere, and I think you should find someone who does include their name on the photos and just ask how they do it.

Nice pic. I found out by walking the same path that you're on right now that you'll get more hits/better results by watching videos on you tube and reading good info on web sites. What people will tell you here has most likely already been published somewhere so just do searches on the web to avoid waiting on people to answer and help you ... people that might not be seeing this thread. GL. It's either that or I suggest you take a photography class, they can help tremendously.

Nice pic. I found out by walking the same path that you're on right now that you'll get more hits/better results by watching videos on you tube and reading good info on web sites. What people will tell you here has most likely already been published somewhere so just do searches on the web to avoid waiting on someone to answer and help you ... people that might not be seeing this thread. GL. It's either that or take a photography class, they can help tremendously.
True, but the big plus to a mentor (here or elsewhere) is that you can ask questions of things are that may not be immediately obvious, or aren't covered in the video.

Here's the Mentorship thread... have a read through the various bios and contact the person/people you feel might be a good fit for you.

Nice pic. I found out by walking the same path that you're on right now that you'll get more hits/better results by watching videos on you tube and reading good info on web sites. What people will tell you here has most likely already been published somewhere so just do searches on the web to avoid waiting on someone to answer and help you ... people that might not be seeing this thread. GL. It's either that or take a photography class, they can help tremendously.
True, but the big plus to a mentor (here or elsewhere) is that you can ask questions of things are that may not be immediately obvious, or aren't covered in the video.

Here's the Mentorship thread... have a read through the various bios and contact the person/people you feel might be a good fit for you.
No doubt, I completely agree and there would be nothing better than to have your own personal mentor, I'm just throwing that out there in case no one wants to take on the task. (big task) I have my doubts about anyone seriously wanting to do it.

I sent you a PM about the many John Hedgecoe books + YouTube videos.

Very nice pic. I think you did great composition...

I appreciate that very much. It's a young Dandilion in early stages of making it's flower.

Thank you.

Most reactions

Back