What other ways can i practice my skills in photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigidig4x

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys.. I am back again asking for your help. Im an amateur photographer, i always do a photowalk (alone by myself) shooting portraits and landscapes. I wonder what other ways i could practice my skills? Someone said i could do portraits. But how would i do it? I have no models would i just ask people to have a shoot with me? I have really no idea how to do this. I would like to do everything for free. Just for my learning. Please give me some advice on this.. Thanks..

I'm not like other photographers here that they have many friend that are also photographers that's why they don't have a difficulty finding some events and shoots. Help me please. :)

Don Sheff in Shanghai

$6F80AE6AE7308B6BB52B9A4E35FEA04A_500.jpg

$2.jpg

Hi,
I am in the same situation as you at previous place I had someone to help and mentor me.
I think it a good idea to use friends and family especially if they have children or pets - always good to do something a bit different.
You can use any space outdoors as it is free and their are usually great spots to take pictures from. You also hire a studio for couple hours which does cost but the cost are reasonable (they are where I am). The studios will have different backdrops you can use and some wil allow you to hire and use lighting equipment.
Use the internet, it is a great way to find up and coming events and places which take photo's from, you may even be able to find models if that the route you want to take.
If you want to share you photos on a website it is a good idea to have permission especialy if your subjects are minors or professional models.
Hope you find this useful.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back