What point and shoot?

Patriot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a great point n shoot to replace my D7000 for when I go bike riding, fishing, and anywhere else a dslr wouldn't be convenient at some times. I sometime I have to ride 18 plus miles on bike just to get to a fishing spot and carrying a camera bag isn't really helping. Can you imagine whipping that thing out every time someone or myself catch a fish just to take a trophy photo.

I don't care about the camera having video at all since I have a camcorder for that or anything else not needed. I don't know if many point n shoot cameras shoot in a raw format or not, but that would be nice. I'm looking into cameras myself but a little extra help would be nice.

-Thanks for the help,

My husband got the Olympus tough for his camping camera and it's pretty good. It's waterproof and tough but pretty easy to use. May have more 'functions' than you need but we only got it for its resilience on the trail and the lakes.

Wow that was a fast response. Thank you I will look into that camera.

The Canon G series can shoot with RAW format.

This photo was taken with G11

6693051649_f3b564ecf7_b.jpg

I had a Nikon coolpix L120. Its an amazing camera. It may be a little bigger than a regular point and shoot, but i think its worth it. Plus its fairly cheap. $279 USD.

Nikon COOLPIX L120 Camera

Cannon s95 or s100 seem to get really good reviews. They are really small too.

I like my Lumix LX5. Shoots in RAW. Really, really rugged. Easy to hold (which is the problem I always had with the canon s90-s100). Full controls over aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Will do bracketed shots. Excellent video. has f/2.0 at 20mm. Processor is really fast (huge annoyance for me on some P&S cameras. If their whole point is to grab spur of the moment shots, but they take 5 seconds to do anything with, that's sort of useless).

Amazon currently has it for $379, and a free $50 amazon gift card. Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 10.1 MP Digital Camera with 3.8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD - Black: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cannon s95 or s100 seem to get really good reviews. They are really small too.

These cameras are amazing. Long ago I had the s90 also, really a strong line

Patriot - I have owned the Panasonic TS1 and TS3 and have been satisfied with both. The brand is a waterproof point & shoot that is shock resistant and offers video capabilities. At around 300.00 it is a little pricey but not having to replace cameras every couple of trips has saved me money in the long run.

A few pics...

Bullet by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Flint River Fly Fishing by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Early Bird by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Cutthroat Trout by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Patriot - I have owned the Panasonic TS1 and TS3 and have been satisfied with both. The brand is a waterproof point & shoot that is shock resistant and offers video capabilities. At around 300.00 it is a little pricey but not having to replace cameras every couple of trips has saved me money in the long run.

A few pics...

Bullet by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Flint River Fly Fishing by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Early Bird by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Cutthroat Trout by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Wow those pictures look amazing! I sure water proof would be a good ideal if I go fishing a lot.

I wish sony would stop over pricing their products. that thing cost more than the 85mm 1.8g I want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back