voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Of course this is a photography forum so.....

Armed with a camera and lots of film (or memory cards) you are given the keys to a time machine. You only get to travel to one time period to capture photos of people, places, machines, etc. Where do you go?

I think I would like to photograph the old west. Obviously there was photography back then... but I would love to capture miners, farmers, homesteaders, cowboys, native americans, etc using modern optics and film. I'd take an assortment of film to capture all sorts of things. I think I would take enough film to give me two rolls a day for a year.

i would go back to the early 70's Germany (very early 70's :lol: ) to photograph my hubby when he was a little kid ... he was so cute :sillysmi:

Ancient Rome, i would love to see the Roman Forum and Colleseum in its day. Travel to Osti, visit anchient England, Germania and Gaul. Then i took ride my trusty steed over to Isreal and see if Jesus Cristo really existed, that would be a money shot right there LOL. Witness a few miracles, (or slight of hand tricks) and head back to Rome to wait for the completion of the Collesium. Catch some chariot races, watch a couple gladiator duels. Then to top off a good trip i think i would assasinate the Emperor Nero 5 yrs before he was killed, (leave my very own mark on history)
Oh wait i am dreaming again, i would prolly be captured, taken as a slave, and feed to lions, on second thought i think i will stay right here.

Early 20's and 30's. I'd have to have a few cameras tho, cause I'd be attaching them to the sides of cars. And personally, the cars of the 20's and 30's are the sexiest and shapeliest (is that a word? you know what i mean tho).

Oh, and my suction cup to attach the cameras with of course.

Dude, you must not mess with the lifeline of others :p You're there simply as a phootographer.

Hmmm....an extremely interesting thought.
There's so many periods that would have such splendid photo-ops but I'm thinking Dinosaurs etc. would be my choice.

no question, it'd be the 60s. the cars, the clothes, the musicians, the political figures... i wasn't meant to miss that decade. something went wrong. so i'd like to go back to take it all in firsthand.

I'd drop acid with ya Carli, soak up the 60's ambiance. Pictures on Acid, i am seeing a publication here........

Havoc said:
I'd drop acid with ya Carli, soak up the 60's ambiance. Pictures on Acid, i am seeing a publication here........

i don't know about this "with" business. i certainly wouldn't do it!

I would love to go back to the Wild west and Gold rush eras in American history. The characters you'd come across out there would be great for portraits etc.
Maybe i've seen too many westerns and am way way off the mark but hey, It would be cool.
I can see it now......The gunfighter with his hands just off the pistol grips of his six shooters, fingers flexed, legs slightly apart and bent at the knees, black hat, squinting into the sun and "Hey mate hold that pose! that's it, that's it... great!"
Taken in B&W or Sepia of course

luckydog said:
Taken in B&W or Sepia of course
What about color? They had black and white film back in those days.. although the modern emulsions and optics are much better...

While I was scrolling down I was thinking: "No question, the 60's..." then see Carli and Havoc plugging it, too! :thumbsup: So I'll narrow mine down and say *early* 60's, that kinda golden moment just before the Fab Four came across the water and you could still catch them in a smallish venue, and I could go on in there armed with my Pentax and probably get the boys to ham it up for me, big time. Post-Pete Best days, but with Ringo still fairly new to the band. And scoot around catching up and coming musicians who were still unknowns but coming into the scene.

Yeah, that's my ticket. I want to dress like a mod English bird, too! :sillysmi:

I would like to be George Washington's personal photographer. I'd love to photograph the events surrounding the Revolution!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back