What post software do you use?

Bluffkin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've started to use Coral Paintshop Pro x6 and was wondering if I should buy it. Or would you guys recommend Lightroom or something else?

I mainly use it just to adjust my RAW photos. Contrast, clarity, adding blur etc etc.

Thanks!

These days, Lightroom and Photoshop CC. I do not do a lot of heavy image manipulation or multi-shot stacks or multi-image panoramic stitches, so for me those two things cover it.

For general photos .. I use Lightroom.

What I currently use:

1) Lightroom 5 and Photoshop - combo pack from Adobe for £10 a month. This does pretty much everything.

2) Neat Image - used as a plug-in for photoshop and I use it for noise reduction and sharpening

3) Combine ZP - Helicon Focus - Zerine Stacker - photo stacking software for bugs!

98% of the time I do everything in Lightroom. The other 2%, I use Photoshop CC. I absolutely would not function without Lightroom, I NEED it. For straight photo editing and post processing, I would recommend it over any other photo program on the market right now, even Photoshop. I use Photoshop for more of the graphic art part of photography, not general processing and editing.

LR 3.6 here. PS Elements 11. I think ZP for
Stacking.

I also have Corel PsP x6 or whatever but never really use it. My wife does.

I'm going to purchase Corel VideoStudio X7 Ultimate though for video editing for YouTube.

Lightroom 5 about 90% of the time. The rest is in Nik Silver Efex Pro, Photoshop CS5, Portrait Professional, and Photomatix pro. Lightroom is really the heavy-lifter.

Nikon Capture NX2 and DxO Optics 9 99% of the time. I also have Corel AfterShot, Corel PaintShop Pro X4, Adobe Photoshop CS6, and Lightroom. I can't stand Lightroom and uninstalled it. I don't care for Photoshop and seldom use it either. I'm on the verge of uninstalling it as well since all it does it take up disk space.

I do everything in Lightroom.

Lots of people use Corel's Paint Shop Pro. For it's cost and features it's is a good deal.

Lightroom can't do everything, which is why Adobe's Photoshop Photography Program includes both Photoshop CC and LR 5 - https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom?promoid=KKVFE

I use Photoshop CC, LR 5, HDRsoft's Photomatix Pro, Topaz Adjust, the Nik suite of editing software, Imagenomic's Noiseware Pro.
I also have but don't often use Photoshop Elements 6 & 7, Photoshop CS 4 Extended, CS 5, LR 2, LR 3. LR 4.

Last edited:
Photoshop raw editor for 90% of my edits and photoshop proper for any touch up.

I use Lightroom for time lapse. Very good for batching a ton of photos and applying the same effects.

Oh yeah it's photoshop cc and Lightroom 5.

Most reactions

Back