What post software do you use?

I have a bunch of programs (PS CC, Lightroom, Snapseed, Photomatix..which is just HDR software). I used to use GIMP. But the only one I use consistently now is Capture NX2. I bought Pixelmator and am going to give that a try.

Years ago, my brother-in-law bought me a copy of Corel Paint Shop Pro and I used it with no problem. Last year, it finally occurred to me to check for updates and I decided to pay to upgrade to Pro x5 (which wasn't very much - I think it was on sale, probably because x6 was about to come out) and it's been perfectly fine. I don't do any heavy editing, so for my purposes, it works really well and I have never felt any need or desire to get anything else.

I use Lightroom for time lapse. Very good for batching a ton of photos and applying the same effects.
Camera Raw (the raw editor mentioned above) and Bridge, 2 plugins that are included with Photoshop CC, also have very useful batch processing capabilities.
Camera Raw can be hosted by Bridge and Photoshop at the same time.

Photoshop CC Camera Raw and Lightroom's Develop module are the same software - ACR - Adobe Camera Raw, but with some minor differences.

I want to also mention there are free open source image editing applications too - like GIMP.org and Photoscape.org to name just 2.

CS6
My editing flow is Bridge - ACR - PS and then maybe something from Nick Collection if necesasary

Lightroom and Photoimpact. Corel bought Photoimpact from Ulead and killed it (typical Corel move) because it was eating into the sales of Paint shop pro ....... and Paint shop pro was originally a Jasc product anyway.

Danny.

So, Lightroom now requires a monthly subscription? I have LR4, but need to buy LR5 for my Mac.

Mainly Photoshop CS5, but now often use PT Photo Editor as a Lightroom light, for me it's a quite good deal:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back