Annaa said:
I ended up ordering a Nikkor 85/1.8 and it arrived yesterday - so far I love it, definitely super sharp, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Plus, it really seems like the most lens for the money (out of the options I had). Thanks for all your input! :)

Hooray! A new lens for Annaa! You are right, the lens is a super-sharp optic, and the performance-to-price ratio on the 85mm f/1.8 AF-S G is simply incredibly favorable! It is an amazingly good lens! I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

Annaa said:
I ended up ordering a Nikkor 85/1.8 and it arrived yesterday - so far I love it, definitely super sharp, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Plus, it really seems like the most lens for the money (out of the options I had). Thanks for all your input! :)

Hooray! A new lens for Annaa! You are right, the lens is a super-sharp optic, and the performance-to-price ratio on the 85mm f/1.8 AF-S G is simply incredibly favorable! It is an amazingly good lens! I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.
What the man said!

I miss my 85mm 1.8G, darn I dont know for how long I will be able to stop myself from not getting it again LOL

Right now I'm considering getting a Zeiss 85mm f1.4 actually. And a couple other Zeiss lenses.

They are really cheap now Zeiss has started the Milvus line.

And the old model for example is all metal - bad for cold weather, obviously, but good for longevity.

The problem is of course - "cheap" here is still quite a lot of money, and how well will I do with manual focus ?

I am going to be a smart ass and ask you why not go with a 70-200mm 2.8 lens ?

So many pro's use this lens as their portrait lens
I own it and shoot all my portraits with it, its really an awesome portrait lens which brings a whole lot of flexibility to your shoot.
Only drawback is its weight.

My thoughts exactly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back