What shooting mode does everyone use?

JMBriggs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just curious what mode others are using to shoot with... I.e. Full Auto modes, P, AV, TV, M, CA?

For myself I usually shoot in P mode because then I can control the elements that I want to for a certain shot, but I don't have to worry about getting under or over exposed shots like I would in M mode (I'm not experienced enough yet to take good M mode pictures on the spot.)

What about the rest of you?

JiI0H.jpg

I find I get the best shots with that. If I touch anything besides the shutter button the photo is borked.

Av or M mostly, except action shots, then I choose Tv

Do you shoot in M mode when you are just taking snapshots or even when there is a lot going on? I am too afraid to be messing with my camera and have the moment pass me by.

I can't stand Full Auto! Ugh... flash just pisses me off... and with my t1i it is built in so it is consistently ruining good pictures in full auto... with CA I can switch it off but after a few seconds the settings reset and its back on.

Primarily in Aperture mode with somewhat slow moving subjects. Shutter mode for fast moving objects and M mode to get the effect I want with landscapes.

If either camera got stuck on M, it really won't bother me much.

A for most things. M for seascapes or long exposures.

M 80% of the time. The other 20 is Av or Tv

i shoot M and Av... auto is evil:greendev: and im not in situations where Tv is important

Almost always in M mode. Though, it does suck to use M and be taking photos of subjects in the sun and quickly move to ones in the shade.

A question for those of you using M... Do any of you use metering tools besides your eye and your camera? I think I will start trying to master M mode. How come no one is using P?

Most reactions

Back