What should I do with this photo (post processing)

Calypso b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love what has been captured with this photo. I need help, however, with the post processing in photoshop CS4. I have tried some colour pop actions but they don't work well as they accentuate the blue light coming from the DJ's light set-up. I have also tried a few different black and white options but they just don't seem to have the same mood that the color version does. What would you do? Please no mean comments. I am working on my confidence as a photographer. I am a beginner in wedding photography, I know that already.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/Karismicphoto/Wedding/

I don`t see a picture.

Well, the link you posted for some reason doesn't lead to the right spot... So I extracted your user name from the link, and found the photo in question.

Wedding :: IMG_9914.jpg picture by Karismicphoto - Photobucket

The first question I would ask is: Do you have the RAW file? Or did you shoot it in JPEG? The photo is very noisy, and suffers from motion blur. If this was a wedding that I had shot, I would throw this one away. Not trying to be rude, just honest.

If you do have the raw file, there's more than you could do with just the JPEG alone. But pigs generally don't like lipstick, and remain a pig if you apply it to them... If you catch my drift.

Easy answer: Black and White. Thats what the pros do when they have bad colorcast.

But next time when you have crazy lights like this you want to shoot toward the light. Put the subject between the crazy light and your camera and use flash. The crazy colorful light will actually help your photo instead of hurting you (cool colored rim light).

IMG_9914.jpg

Try posting the picture in the thread. You'll get more responses.

1/80
Exposure Program Manual
ISO Speed Ratings 6400
Metering Mode Pattern
Flash Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length 35
Make Canon
Model Canon EOS 5D Mark II

It's really grainy. Tried a B&W yet? Noise reduction? It's gonna be difficult dealing with the color cast on the bride and groom and the girls face. The girl is blurry too from movement.
I'd fiddle with it for a little while and then more than likely delete it.

:(

Quicky little edit:
IMG_9914-2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all!

I realize this was a pretty crappy photo in most respects...lol. There is something that I really love about it which is why I am having trouble scrapping it! This was my first wedding reception (I was not paid for it) and the room was so dark that I shot much of it with a very high ISO as I hate flash, even with my Gary Fong diffuser.

Lyon how did you know all that stuff about my shot????lol

I'm hoping this pig likes lipstick?

It's a nice shot. Worth keeping for the reasons you like it.

I hope you werent the main shooter. $50 toward mr Gary Fong. Kaching! That guy is genius!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back