What shut TPF down today

If it won't power up, the first thing to check is that the power plug is in the wall socket.

TPF: The Story of One Lens Across America.

The lens has been found and was sent on.

Geeze, you people miss the obvious cause! The above act caused a temporal distortion across the space-time continuum.

Damn I thought you were serious.

If it won't power up, the first thing to check is that the power plug is in the wall socket.

Don't forget to jiggle the handle.

I posted in the OTHER "what happened to TPF" thread last night; didn't see this one until this morning.

I gotta say, the whole experience was akin to going off to work and forgetting my phone.
It's funny--I rarely use my phone at work during the day, but when I don't have it, it makes me unreasonably anxious and all I can think about is the calls that *could* be coming in, maybe one of my sons has texted something really important, or maybe my mother is trying to reach me...none of that has EVER been the case when I've forgotten my phone, but every time COULD be "the time" that it matters. I can't wait to get home, and as soon as I do, I go find my phone, check it, realize that NOTHING important has happened (or at least nobody has tried to contact me about it!), and then I set the phone down and ignore it the rest of the night.

Finding TPF down elicited the exact same anxious response, except with absolutely NO good "what if" reasons at all. Still, I checked about six times before leaving for church in the morning, then checked it again as soon as I got home. And again. And again. I couldn't even come up with anything I really "needed" to get onto TPF for, I just knew I couldn't and that made me anxious. :lmao:
Tried again as soon as I got home from church on Sunday evening. Oh, did I mention trying on THREE different devices?? I was desperate. Thought about emailing sparky and asking if he was able to get on, but decided to wait a while. Took a nap, tried again. FINALLY got on at nearly 9 p.m. last night, sighed a great sigh of relief, posted twice in the other "what happened" thread, looked at about three other threads, shut it off and went to bed. Because it wasn't that I actually WANTED to be on TPF, it was just that I wanted to be ABLE to be on TPF.

Today, I have TPF access, AND my phone. Life is good. :D

So there's "natural" photography and "nature" photography. Learn somefing new every day on TPF.

So there's "natural" photography and "nature" photography. Learn somefing new every day on TPF.

My method is called au naturale.

It was, however, refreshing to have the entire city Sports Complex to myself.

My method is called au naturale.

It was, however, refreshing to have the entire city Sports Complex to myself.

Was this before or after the "au naturelle" part? ;)

Well, I guess that is one way to avoid the ugly tan lines. But under those kind of circumstances, I would never know where to put the wallet or the keys.

Well, I guess that is one way to avoid the ugly tan lines. But under those kind of circumstances, I would never know where to put the wallet or the keys.

Well, I was wearing my photo vest under my Black Rapid strap............

Most reactions

New Topics

Back