• Other (please post what it is)

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

DVC Mike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to get into High Dynamic Range photography, and I was wondering what software those of you use for HDR.

I don't have Photoshop CS5 (I use Lightroom or Capture NX) and rather not have to pay it's steep price just for HDR. Photomatix Pro seems extremely popular, and Nik (who makes great products) has their fairly new HDR Efex Pro.

I'm not interested in a shareware or freeware solution.

I tested the Photoshop CS5 and that Nik HDR one, both were not so good at all as Photomatix, and the another program that can beat or can be closer to Photomatix is Dynamic Photo HDR. I heard about qtpfsgui but it seems there is no Mac version [maybe now they have as i didn't checked], so the only 2 choices i have are Photomatix and Dynamic Photo HDR, and i bought both of those as they are worthy.

I use Photomatix 4 Pro and Dynamic Photo HDR 5 since I wasn't allowed to select two I chose photomatix

The first time I pushed the "preprocess" button in Photomatix Pro, I fell in love with it. It's simple, fast, flexible and produces an excellent result every time.

i haven't done HDR recently, but back in the day, i used photomatix pro, i tried the photoshop HDR tool but was not user friendly, took forever and looked bad.

The first time I pushed the "preprocess" button in Photomatix Pro, I fell in love with it. It's simple, fast, flexible and produces an excellent result every time.

I just caught the bug a few days ago...love it.

The Nik HDR Pro is fantastic. I found it more intuitive than Photomatix.. But this is just personal preference.

photomatix 4 pro and nik hdr,

Most reactions

Back