What style is this?!

LynziMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
haha I'm not sure what to call these shots, but I really want to learn and get some critique on some of my favorite people shots.

so here they are... have your way!

Trever6.jpg

Trever4.jpg

TrevAndChels5.jpg

TrevAndChels2.jpg

Chelsee2.jpg

Chelsee1.jpg

btw... if you haven't noticed, I like "breaking rules" as far as lighting goes....

Style? Technically I'd say teenie bopper quasi glamour.

What are you trying to get out of these?

Style? Technically I'd say teenie bopper quasi glamour.

What are you trying to get out of these?

well... it was just for fun...

I guess that teenie bopper bit makes sense, I'm 17.... and just starting.
I was also hoping that people around here were just a little nicer, but I guess not...

It wasn't an insult. It was a definition.

Teenie bopper because they're young, one of them wears braces, and the other is clad in the latest storefront Express Men display.

Quasi glamour because glamour is when your shoot is about the model and not what they're wearing or doing. It usually implies some sort of sexual undertones. You kind of almost had it in these but not quite.

It wasn't an insult. It was a definition.

Teenie bopper because they're young, one of them wears braces, and the other is clad in the latest storefront Express Men display.

Quasi glamour because glamour is when your shoot is about the model and not what they're wearing or doing. It usually implies some sort of sexual undertones. You kind of almost had it in these but not quite.

I see.... sorry, you never know quite what to expect out of forums where people are so dedicated to their art, like this one, so I guess I expect the worst :)

Thanks!

how can I make them better? Either with photoshop, or next time. I have some of them photoshopped, these are just the plain old images.

What camera are you using?

Alpha is blunt your get used to it-normally offers very good advice though, :) so listen carefuly

I feel your pics may be a little out of focus the fith one has the best focus on the eyes but is still soft ( i think)

when you cropped you did manage to crop in between joints which is good as it looks less harsh

btw number your photos its easier to reference back to them...

If you were to re do these pics what would you do differently..I always ask my self that question

Alpha is blunt your get used to it-normally offers very good advice though, :) so listen carefuly

I feel your pics may be a little out of focus the fith one has the best focus on the eyes but is still soft ( i think)

when you cropped you did manage to crop in between joints which is good as it looks less harsh

btw number your photos its easier to reference back to them...

If you were to re do these pics what would you do differently..I always ask my self that question
I do know one thing I'd do.... get a tripod! It's hard to get all this stuff when you don't have any of your own money haha

If you need to be absolutely sure the focus is right, you can manual focus.

You'd benefit a lot from a flash.

Swing by the local library to pick up some general info on exposure, depth of field, etc. Learn the basics first.

If you need to be absolutely sure the focus is right, you can manual focus.

You'd benefit a lot from a flash.

Swing by the local library to pick up some general info on exposure, depth of field, etc. Learn the basics first.

okay.... that is actually very helpful!
I'm looking into getting a good flash, too... any suggestions for that?

If you want to go the easy route, look for a flash with i-ttl capability. Otherwise, just about anything that's moderately powerful will do.

If you want to go the easy route, look for a flash with i-ttl capability. Otherwise, just about anything that's moderately powerful will do.

okay, I'll keep an eye out....
good timing to get this advice though! My birthday is in two weeks... hehehe

Too bad you can't just go through my whole port.!!
I love to learn, especially with this stuff!!

Have you read the camera manual yet?

If not, I would suggest reading it and googling any terms you don't understand. If that doesn't clear things up, post a question in the beginner's section here.

Have you read the camera manual yet?

If not, I would suggest reading it and googling any terms you don't understand. If that doesn't clear things up, post a question in the beginner's section here.

google was my best friend when i was reading my manual :)

actually it still is :lol:

Most reactions

Back