What temps can damage my camera

I googled the specs for you camera. Canon says operating environment of 0-40 degrees c (32-104 f) less than 85% humidity. That's the same spec for my Nikon D850 and I know I have used it at both below and above the specs for the last couple of years, and so far, no problems.

Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. The manufacturers are simply giving you guide lines. I personally carried 2
Nikon F's through nearly daily exposure to rain, heat, vibration (helicopter) and both still worked. Both of course, totally mechanical.

Brand New to photography. I just got a Canon M50 and I've been practicing. I have literally only taking my first couple hundred pictures many of which are duplicates. I was trying to get pictures of the stars while I waited for the sunrise over the mountain so I can get pictures of that too. It was 32 degrees and colder the whole time and I was taking long exposure shots my camera was outside for about an hour. it didn't really occur to me that exposing the camera to these temperatures can be bad. I guess my question is at what point should I warm it back up? I'm a huge noob go easy on me. I've never owned a camera that wasn't part of my phone. Also, bonus question! I did back to back long exposure shots where my shutter was open for like 2 or 3 minutes and I took maybe a dozen shots like that. It was between 30 and 33 degrees outside, no wind

I'm sure your rig will survive, no problem. I do recommend carry spare battery in inside shirt pocket for warmth.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back