What the Sea wants, the Sea will get...

vesko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These shots I did from a tall building (24 floor) at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Oz. I love vast spaces and small subjects in them.
What do you say?

1. Mother and a child

Mother-and-a-child-1.jpg

2. Two cops and two girls

2-Cops-and-2-Girls.jpg

3. Kitesurfing

Kitesurfing-1.jpg

I wish I could make the subjects clearer. I used a tripod and there was plenty of light. Is this the most my 17-85 Canon lens can do?
Advise please.
Thanks!

I like the comps and your intent, the colours are very nice makes me long for the beaches of home....the problem of subject clarity is down to the high contrast of the light, harsh light and distance don't work well for small objects.

i really love the first and the last. first in particular. i see what you mean by loving the vast spaces and small subjects i'm loving it too. great work!

Thank you Roger and logan9967,

Do you think a polarizing filter would help in this situation?

The pictures are definitely nice. I really like the style of shooting, it's not "your every day picture".

And I'm also extremely jealous because here, on the east coast of Canada, we've had over 20 winter storms in the past few months, with over 2 meters of snow.

And I'm also extremely jealous because here, on the east coast of Canada, we've had over 20 winter storms in the past few months, with over 2 meters of snow.

Cheer up Lowa2!
If this helps I'll admit I dream of snow and miss the sound that a good cold snow makes when you step in it... and the frozen breath - a-a-a! Never happy with what you have.

Thanks

LOL. When did I say that I didn't like snow? I was just saying that I like warm weather better!

I would never move away from my cold and snowy white home!

love the colors in these captures

Most reactions

New Topics

Back