What to choose for a beginner's camera?

VincentBulan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm from philippines and price here is quite more expensive.

I am just using my phone for casual photgraphy and recently try to do like cinematic shots of my travel or events like bday. Instead of buying a flagship phones which are quite expensive I would like to buy my 1st camera.

Since I am a beginner I still don't know what kind of photography will I be doing the most but maybe I will start with friend portraits, food, travel, pet(dog, bird, and a chameleon).

So I'm looking for all around camera for photography, and for video I would like to have 4k since I have a pc that can handle it on post and I think my family would love to watch it on a 4k tv. Touch screen I think would be good for me coming from using a phone. I want a camera that can grow with me as I learn and be able to just buy few lenses after a while and can be my 2nd camera if I want to get serious and buy a much professional camera.

Here are some of cameras I like based on youtube reviews, and it's price here

G7 $720
M50 $900
X-T20 $850

Other cameras but little more expensive for my budget.
G85 $1000
a6300 $1000

Can you suggest which one? Or suggest other camera?

I am just using my phone for casual photgraphy and recently try to do like cinematic shots of my travel or events like bday. Instead of buying a flagship phones which are quite expensive I would like to buy my 1st camera.

Since I am a beginner I still don't know what kind of photography will I be doing the most but maybe I will start with friend portraits, food, travel, pet(dog, bird, and a chameleon).

So I'm looking for all around camera for photography, and for video I would like to have 4k since I have a pc that can handle it on post and I think my family would love to watch it on a 4k tv. Touch screen I think would be good for me coming from using a phone. I want a camera that can grow with me as I learn and be able to just buy few lenses after a while and can be my 2nd camera if I want to get serious and buy a much professional camera.

G7 $720
M50 $900
X-T20 $850

G85 $1000
a6300 $1000

The only camera I can say about is the Fuji X-T20. I use to have one and think it is a very good/great little camera, and the images it puts out are great and the IQ is just stunning.

So I'm looking for all around camera for photography, and for video I would like to have 4k since I have a pc that can handle it on post and I think my family would love to watch it on a

The only camera I can say about is the Fuji X-T20. I use to have one and think it is a very good/great little camera, and the images it puts out are great and the IQ is just stunning.

G7 $720
M50 $900
X-T20 $850

G85 $1000
a6300 $1000

Hows the video quality of xt20? Does the time limit of video bothers you?

So I'm looking for all around camera for photography, and for video I would like to have 4k since I have a pc that can handle it on post and I think my family would love to watch it on a

G7 $720
M50 $900
X-T20 $850

G85 $1000
a6300 $1000

Hows the video quality of xt20? Does the time limit of video bothers you?

I never actually used the video on my X-T20, but I did read that is was very good if you wanted to do a video.

I would recomment Fujifilm X, too.

I have a Sony A6000 which is the model the A6300 replaced. I've seen the A6000 in various kits for around 1/2 the price of the A6300. I don't know what improvements the A6300 has over the A6000 but, I've been very satisfied with my A6000 and would recommend it to anyone in your situation.

I have a Sony A6000 which is the model the A6300 replaced. I've seen the A6000 in various kits for around 1/2 the price of the A6300. I don't know what improvements the A6300 has over the A6000 but, I've been very satisfied with my A6000 and would recommend it to anyone in your situation.
I found a cheaper deal here on a a6300 but with body only. What can you Suggest my starting lens in a budget beside the kit lens

That is what i bought my daughter for christmas. A6000. Her last camera i bought her was film. She wanted to learn more so i bought her the a6000 and the basic beginner kit tripod / flash / filters etc all at once. She is a highschool senior and doing college claases same time. I am hoping it is something she likes and will carry her through into college when she goes away.

Most reactions

Back