What to do. What to do.

dan.rpo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, im in a pickle!

I am leaving for a month long trip to europe in a few weeks.

I currently have the kit 18-55 lens and a 55-200 vr lens for my Nikon d40.

I have been searching EVERYWHERE for the new 35mm 1.8G DX but every place is sold out! People on eBay are selling them, but for $250 and up! they retail for $200.

If i dont wind up getting the 35mm prime, i was going to replace my two CURRENT lenses with the 18-200 VR and sell the two i have to help recover my funds....this would also allow me to ditch my camera backpack and just bring this one lens along....

OR

totally forget about a new lens and just buy a flash, such as the sb-600 or equivalent of third party that is less expensive...

any suggestions/opions/knowledge on where i can actually get the 35mm prime without waiting for "shipment to come in"?? thanks!

Have you called B&H or Adorama? They are very good about letting you know when shipments are comming in and will ship to you as soon as it does. There may be a boat in route and you can get your lens in time. They are 2 of the stores I would trust if they said they will be here in 2 weeks time.

If not I would get a flash. The 18-200VR is a nice walk around do all lens. But its still slow. You get inside and your going to want a big flash.

The 18-200 may be slow and crap and full of other things that makes me just want to hurl it off a cliff, but that said out of all of my lenses it's the only one that I took to Europe. The perfect vacation lens.

Is it out of stock here?

NK3518UK Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX AF Nikkor Lens Kit, U.S.A. Warranty with Tiffen 52mm UV Filter, Lens Cap Leash, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit

Check this out, too:

35mm 1.8 g dx - Google Product Search

Good luck! Seems like a great lens for the price...
clear.gif

Great recommendations , thanks :)

Check your local camera shop. I had mine order the 35mm. lens and they got it in 2 weeks.

every single place on that link is sold out! god dammit!

Most reactions

Back