What to do?

silver163

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was recently banned from ModelMayhem and when i inquired why a moderator responded saying "cause you have a learning disability and asperger's syndrome" which i wrote in my profile. my question is what can i do since this is discrimination?

I know that the servers resides in California so aren't they bound by ADA?

I was recently banned from ModelMayhem and when i inquired why a moderator responded saying "cause you have a learning disability and asperger's syndrome" which i wrote in my profile. my question is what can i do since this is discrimination?

I know that the servers resides in California so aren't they bound by ADA?

WOW, That is ignorant!!! Do you have ANY idea what you did to get banned?

nope my account just stopped working and i saw that i was banned, no warnings no anything.

I would attempt to contact the corporate level and provide them copies of your correspondence with the moderator. The information you have provided, by itself, is very disturbing. I have a feeling there may be more to the story, but referring to a person's health condition as a reason to ban them is beyond inappropriate.

Since your health conditions are not pertinent to modeling nor photography, I would advise you to leave it out of your profile. Not because you should be ashamed, you shouldn't, but because it's simply none of their business.

I would attempt to contact the corporate level and provide them copies of your correspondence with the moderator. The information you have provided, by itself, is very disturbing. I have a feeling there may be more to the story, but referring to a person's health condition as a reason to ban them is beyond inappropriate.

Since your health conditions are not pertinent to modeling nor photography, I would advise you to leave it out of your profile. Not because you should be ashamed, you shouldn't, but because it's simply none of their business.
I attempted to do a WHOIS search on them but whoever is running the site is a coward who is hiding hiding behind Domains by Proxy.

Other than the moderators there is no one else. They wont reply to any of my messages anymore, if I make a second message they close it saying to keep everything in that original message which they just ignore.

I put that information up as Asperger's does affect how I talk, that i don't look into the eyes I am very quite or might say something strange but i have never wished or done harm to anyone.

I attempted to do a WHOIS search on them but whoever is running the site is a coward who is hiding hiding behind Domains by Proxy.

Other than the moderators there is no one else. They wont reply to any of my messages anymore, if I make a second message they close it saying to keep everything in that original message which they just ignore.

I put that information up as Asperger's does affect how I talk, that i don't look into the eyes I am very quite or might say something strange but i have never wished or done harm to anyone.

I wonder if they thought you put that up there just to be silly and they weren't taking your condition seriously. That is extremely rude and I hope you can find out who the moderator is and get to the bottom of that

I wonder if they thought you put that up there just to be silly and they weren't taking your condition seriously. That is extremely rude and I hope you can find out who the moderator is and get to the bottom of that
this been going on for two days, but seeing that not one reply is given i doubt it.

On one thread you stated that your account was deleted for one reason and here you state a different reason. Please reconcile your statements.

On one thread you stated that your account was deleted for one reason and here you state a different reason. Please reconcile your statements.
yeah i was having trouble finding models and yesterday i found some but my account was disabled.

No, you stated about your MM account:
well apparently my account got closed do to "lack of experience" which is rather strange but oh well.

Am I reading that wrong?

Bah, as I said in the other thread, time to find a better place to go.

Start with a local photography club, get the basics down and move on. If there are no local chapters of a strobist club, start one yourself. Knowing now of your condition, this may challenge you to get outside of your comfort zone and do more good for you than just standing in front of a man or a woman pressing the shutter. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back