What type of effect is this?

jbush2404

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to know what kind of effect is used to get the cartoonish look in these photos. A link to a tutorial would be awesome or just the name of the effect.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like 1-frame HDR with a heavy vignette thrown in at the end.

BTW, it's against forum rules to post images you don't have right to.

It looks a bit like the Adobe Lightroom ADB Steel-Medium preset, with minor tweaks. The preset is available from several sources. I took a photo of my own and rand the ADB Steel-Medium preset on it, then lightened it up, and it looked just as cartoonish as the samples. sometimes that kind of a "look" is what is wanted...it has shades of "poster" or "handbill" in it...I thought it looked good for the little league baseball shots.

This is my cousins photos that she had made and paid for. If that doesn't constitute the right to use them here then I will delete them.

HDR sounds about right from what I've been reading. Thanks for your help!

This is my cousins photos that she had made and paid for. If that doesn't constitute the right to use them here then I will delete them.

Actually, it most likely doesn't. It depends on the copyright laws where you are, and the terms of the sale from the photographer that took them.

Actually, it most likely doesn't. It depends on the copyright laws where you are, and the terms of the sale from the photographer that took them.
Paying to have photos made likely does not allow unlimited usage, and the photographer that made the images likely retains copyright ownership of the images.

At any rate, the OP did not commission the making of the images.

Because TPF is in the USA, USA copyright laws apply, which is set forth in the international copyright agreement the Berne Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most reactions

New Topics

Back