what was the first album you owned/bought?

Mine must have been one by Deep Purple way way back in the Seventies!

Ren and Stimpy....or unlimited two, or Ace of Base? I don't know which was first. R&S was a CD (I KNOW that was my first. and I only got it cause it was a gift certificate and I didn't know what else to get :/ I was very young.) the other two were cassette tapes...

LaFoto said:
Mine must have been one by Deep Purple way way back in the Seventies!

My Dad gave me some of his old shirts (same with Mom). One was Deep Purple, and I liked it. I was made fun of it. I never listened to their music, but I liked the shirt. lol. It took a while before the nickname "Deep Purple" was dropped from my peers mouths.

The shirt Mom gave me was Fendi. Not that I know wtf that was. But I had that nickname too. I didn't have many clothes as a child. :/ I was also chubby and very self-conscience for various reasons. Yeah, those nicknames don't help to get comfy in your own skin.

Mine would've been Shawn Cassidy or Andy Gibb. I'm guessing Andy Gibb but only because he was my first concert. :oops:

Aside from the fairy tale picture book records, my first real music LP would have been Rick Springfield, Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet. Yes, I still have it.

My first CD was Sgt Pepper.

I don’t know, maybe the my first 45 was Gitazan by Ray Stevens for $0.79 LOL, thing the back side is Everything Is Beautiful, I will go with Son of Son of a Sailor by Jimmy Buffett as first album

hmmm...i think it had to be one of the polish bands...'republika', 'maanam', or 'lady punk' maybe? i dont remember... -;)
but i still have those albums, and sometimes listen to them -;) (sentimental, ha ha)
the first foreign album i had was 'the doors' 'waiting for the sun' i think...my older cousin gave it to me (jeez, he was sooo grown up for me than! he was 15, i was 12)...and this is how it all started....now im completely addicted to a music -;))))

Most reactions

Back