What was your

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
After reading andrea's post I started thinking about my first job....and then wondered what everyone else did. So what was your first job???

My first real one was for the YMCA, started reffing soccer when I was 16, now I ref soccer, ump tball, scorekeep basketball,baseball,and softball. Pays well and hours are few...not bad to keep my first job for 5 years I guess :lol:

My first job was at Miller's Outpost working the dressing rooms when I was 16. That lasted just long enough for me to convince the guy at the local Ritz Camera that I was the right person to run their brand new 1 hour mini lab. It didn't take me long to figure out how to operate the damn thing but it took me a couple of hours to figure out how to change the paper roll. :lol:

My first paying job? Erm, cash-in-hand and £50 an hour. No, not that! But it was still technically illegal.

My first job was babysitting, after that I worked at a nursing home as a waitress, then as a housekeeping person in an assisted living home (lets just say older men don't aim well :er:), then at an insurance company, a photography store and I'm currently a life insurance underwriter and photographer :D

Veggie factory...bean inspection. Yay...

but not factory work (not including babysitting which i didnt do a lot of) would be Tim Horton's.

Xmetal said:
Paper Boy, i'm paying for it now with a bad back and shagged knees. :(

Ohh yeah...i forgot that I delivered Penysavers for a summer!!! That was my first job.

first paying job? hmmm.... web designing... 3 years ago... I desiged a web page and then I wrote a code to it. Then the business spread and I had alot of work. But then I had to quit coz I had my exams and didn't have enough time for coding. Now I'm a ebglish/polish interpreter for a Danish guy who works here :)

i bagged groceries at the piggly wiggly.

and its all downhill from there...

I scrubbed floors at a doctor's office.

I'm now in medical practice management, so you could say I learned the biz from the ground up. :mrgreen:

Pool Boy - Worked at a private pool & recreation club in the summers when I was 14. Basically I had to constantly hose down the concret around the pool, weed, pickup trash and any other jobs they came up with.

My Jobs to date:

1. paper boy
2. short order cook
3. janitor
4. Computer salesperson
5. Direct mail technician
6. Graphic Artist/Typesetter
6b. Part time as videographer, editor
7. Pressure Washing tractor trailers
8. Satellite Communications Technicians

Heh, no that I look at it there is no rhyme or reason to the jobs I've had.

my first job was working at an animal shelter. When i was young there was NO funding for it and it was really really messed up. my cousin and I got jobs there because it was sad to see it in such shape and we were determined to rebuild the place. We worked many long hours and cleaned and cleaned to finally niether of use could do it anymore. It was hard work mentally and physically for 15 yr olds. LOL after that we then both went to McDonald's and flipped burgers for a bit. wow that was such a long time ago. since I've done construction/demoliton, been a stockman for several places, gameroom clerk, electronic salesman, managed two video stores, and now manage the Circulation dept at UM library. Yippie skippy! :p

I think my first job was pulling tags off zippers for my grandmother, who worked in a sewing factory. I was about 8 or 9, and I think it was just a nice way for me to stay out of trouble, but be in her prescence. What the heck, $5 a box is a lot of money to a 9 year old.

I got my first real job when I was 13, my aunty had a car accident 2 days after her 25th birthday that left her in a wheelchair, so I helped out a lot with her. That eventually turned into me moving in with her, and a full time job being a nurse aide when I wasnt in high school. I did that till a month before I turned 18, and moved here.

Now Im a fake graphic designer thingee.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back