What would you do different?

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I originally took this shot for the "what is your town famous for" thread but I'm not happy with it. What would you guys do differently? I had to lay down on the gravel and brace my elbow to get this shot, but I think next time I will bring my pod and elevate my camera a little to give a more "prospective" view of the tracks. What would you do?

Like the concept. I may have raised up a few inches to include the ground under the building and use a wider lens (maybe even a littler farther away from the building) to give it more length of track in the photo off the left edge.

I think I would have shot it more in line with the long side of the station, have the "Holly Springs" sign in the top right, cut out some of the roof line and give a view down the tracks.

If I were there I may see something different, but from what you've shown me that's my best guess.

Thanks for the replies. I will expand on the constraints a little more. If you look closely in the upper right you can see a small clip of a power pole. That limited my view to the right of the building. As for a longer view of the tracks there is a very busy crossing just to the left of the shot. Now that I think of it, there probably wasn't much I could do. I think I will try to take another one with the camera just a little higher but at the same prospective. I could always pp out the power pole but it would be pretty hard to do. Thanks again for the input.

That's why I love this sight, it allows me to bounce ideas off of like minded people.

Most reactions

Back