What would you do to this picture?

pilgrim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My mom asked me to take this picture, make it a lil nicer, add a name, maybe a border and print it so she can frame it for a friend. I know the pictures nothing special, its more sentimental value for the person riding the horse. The version on my comp is alot larger then this pic, but snapfish shrunk it down. But if you guys or gals could just do what ever you would do and tell me what you did that would be awsome!

Troy

3394768723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D48%3B%3D473%3DXROQDF%3E232348298%3C87%3Bot1lsi

I would increase the contrast a bit.

Crop the top down almost to the helmet; the closer the subject is to the top of the frame, the higher the jump will seem.

I would crop the bottom almost up to the bottom of the fence at the right side; leave a strip of grass about the width of the squarish posts laying on the ground.

Either remove the guy in the background, or at least change his shirt to blue or brown.

If the panoramic length bothers you, then you can start cropping off of either side; I would leave more room in front of the horse than behind it

It only needs a border (1/4" white is my favorite) if it's going to be displayed in an album or scrapbook. If it's going to be framed, you will need to have a mat cut (as the size is probably not standard if you do any cropping)

That's my flavor.

thanks for the suggestions fish!

Is there a common border pattern in photo shop I can use? Or do I hafta draw one out mannualy?

If you want a plain white, 1/4 inch border then center your image on a canvas that is 1/2 inch wider and taller. I'm sure that there are lots of other premade borders available.

In addition to matts suggestions... There is a magenta color cast on the photo. To get rid of magenta, you would increase the green. I would use the color balance function.

Not exactly what Matt suggested, but the tree in the background bothered me cut off. If you crop the top closer I'd clone it out. Normally I wouldn't center the subject so much, but this one suggested vertical rather than horizontal motion.

jumper1.jpg

What you end up with is going to depend on how big the original is, how much you crop it, and how big you try to print it.

Have fun!

I'd do something like this personally:
Cropped, adjusted contrast and slightly tweaked color saturation, then bordered.
horse.jpg

[edit] And I removed the annoying dude.

photobug got it right

Wonder if you could tell that horse to get her knees togethter J/K

Just a thought, most shows have a photographer there. Perhaps they got a good pic of her and her horse.

Most reactions

Back