What would you do?

itsjustbrandy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having no studio and only doing on location shoots....

A client wants to have their session at a park - the park charges for photography sessions ($25)... do you pay for it being the photographer or charge the client?

Just curious ...

Client.....at least tell them before hand that you understand their want to be in that park however due to park rules there will be an extra $25 dollar charge and let them decide if they wish to proceed or change locations. there are parks here where i live that charge in the hundred dollar ranges ad i wouldnt dare pay that out of pocket.

I would usually say that it's the client's responsibility to arrange for access to locations that they want, that require payment or permission etc. I have a clause for it in my wedding contract anyway.

On the other hand, if you can expect to make several hundred dollars (or more) on a portrait session, then it wouldn't be too bad if you had to pay for entrance/permission to the park etc.

I agree the client should pay the fee, but must be informed of that beforehand.

Like Mike, already having a clause in your contract is good.

If the client doesn't want to pay for the park and decides you should pay fir it then just shoot with your lens cap on. Let them know that it's an extra $25 for You to remove it. :lmao:

It's absolutely the clients responsibility to pay for access to locations whether you arrange for it or not. Just add it to the balance for the session/package.

well thank you everyone... very much for your response ...this was helpful! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back