What would you recommend???

klutzyfoots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to photography, and to this forum. I just bought a Canon Powershot A95, and I'm not completely satisfied. I'm thinking of getting a Rebel XT, G6, or Pro 1 instead. However, I don't know if any of them address my needs.

I found that I enjoy taking a lot of action shots. There's a huge lag when I press the button on the A95. Even when I set the camera to take consecutive shots there's a long lag. I've practiced for days taking action shots and it's rare that I capture what I want.

The camera doesn't retain settings. I'll set the camera to no flash, and change the drive mode; then I'll take a few pictures, and review them. When I go back to shooting mode I have to change the settings again. Pain in the rear.

Now, this I'm not sure of... I could just be really inexperienced and maybe thats the problem. When I try to manually focus, the picture looks nothing like the LCD. The LCD is nice and clear, but the picture is blurry and weird.

So, will any of the other cameras I'm looking at fix any of this? Any recommondations, any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

I have a D-Rebel (the 300D), and it is great - although I havent tried action shots yet. But I did take a heap of consecutive shots and was quite impressed!

unfortunately though the 300D is being discontinued. But I am sure the 350D would be pretty much the same with a couple of extras.

hi,
you sound like you new to photography- i dont have experience with the canon personally but is it possible to lock the focus?
try holding the shutter button in half way- there should be some indication on the lcd or sound to show it is locked- then when your subject gets to the spot you want hit the button the whole way,

i cant say whether your camera will work with it or not but i would expect so

There should be an option somewhere in your menu to keep settings the same after turning off your camera. Take a look in your manual. Good luck.

If you want to eliminate shutter lag, get an slr, be it digital or film. Out of those choices you mentioned, the Rebel XT would be the best choice for action/sports photography. You'll be making a huge investment though, in the camera, and lenses that you buy, so be sure it's what you want/need.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back