Whats Best Lens For?

AtlPikMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soulsticephotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Urban environments...Im new to photography. i recently got a D80 with an 18-55 and 55-200vr. Which lens would be better for all things city...Cars, people, graffiti, buildings, cityscapes etc...

I think the 18-55 will has a very usable range for the topics listed above. It can open up wide enough to fit a good city scene and close enough for a head/shoulder portrait (closer to subject) or full body portrait (can get away with being further). The 55-200 will leave you hungry for more angle and if you are to only bring one lens with you, you will have many missed shots.

Nick

18 on your sensor would not be wide enough for me sometimes when it comes to cities. But of the two lenses you mentioned, I would pick the 18-55.

18MM on a dSLR is plenty wide for urban shots. Hell you could probably get away with a 24MM lens.

What you have right now is fine. Use it first before deciding that it limits your ability to get creative. Once you start experimenting, you'll be able to tell yourself what you are missing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back