whats going to happen to those people who only shoot with phones or never print pics

There will be a lot of moms with grainy photos on their cell phones. Maybe give them your card and tell them they can get dope photos printed after you take them.

I see so many moms snapping pics of their kids with cell phones and posting to facebook. They are grainy horrible pictures. I know some of the newest phones are suppose to take nice pictures but how are they going to look blown up in a large print? Or even printed at sll ?

I was once told by a mom she never uses a camera, just her phone. This was after I offered to take some free photos of her kid at the park with my dslr. She ceclined my offer because of that reasoning. I couldnt help wonder why she wouldnt want high resolution good quality photos instead ? Only reason I coukd fathom was maybe she was just lying and trying to be polite because she didnt wsnt a stranger (even if clearly another mom) taking pictures of her or her kid. A mom who is getting prints told me one of her friends acted shocked when she found out she "still prints pictures" . she agreed with me that this friend of hers us going to regret never doing prints.

I actually feel that when those kids are older all those pictures their mom took will be gone or lost because they didnt print them out and only used them for facebook or online. Whats going to happen if this trend ends and prints become popular again?

Personally I am biased over having prints , even if still have the digital images on file in case something ever happens to those digital images. Here are a few that I kept on a hard drive (for about 8 years now) that mysteriously disapeared or are already turning black. So when you see the thumbnail it looks fine, but the file is corrupted and when you click on it big it shows it black or all these crazy lines running down it. I have had a my only ones of my two middle kids together as toddlers, in same picture destroyed this way. As a result only have seperate ones of them now, except for the very recent. I have slacked big time in printing (So im guilty of not printing too) out my kids pictures but recently decided to make it a mission to print everything out as3x5/ 4x6's , or 5x7, and put in albums. Maybe identical albums to give to my kids when each grow up, and an extra one for myself. And then have a few extra special ones in large prints on the wall, to change out every year, or every couple years.
For those who know of anyone that does not print their pictures, do you know if they care about having them later on? Or do people just not think of this? Im genuinely curious and would like others thoughts or perspective on this. Thanks

Yes, that is how it is nowadays OP. No one wants my service for photos when I ask strangers. They are self sustaining with their cell phoone and a $30 ink jet printer from Walmart. If they don't print up a few snaps or back up on a HD they will dissapear one day.

Most reactions

Back