What's good on tv?

Grandson has a PS3, replaced by a PS4, at Christmas. I'll ask him if he wants to get rid of it.

On Netflix, we watched the first episode of House of Cards yesterday. I'm hooked.

Granted, it's not as good as The West Wing, but it'll do. :smile:

Has anyone started watching "The Crown" on Netflix? Only two episodes in, and I'm loving it.

Also, "Westworld". Wow. Awesome.

I haven't turned the TV on since the Patriots / Steelers game.

Unless you're going for a specific show, or are avoiding the news stations, probably a good thing. :)

Unless you're going for a specific show, or are avoiding the news stations, probably a good thing. :)

I really never been a TV guy. I watch the occasional movie but really never been that interested in it. Can't watch news at all.

I really never been a TV guy.
I am on and off with TV. I've generally found that the shows I like aren't on "TV" at all--they're on Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, etc. And PBS shows. :)

I plan to watch The Crown. It fits in with my current British obsession. I still need to finish the last 2 of WestWorld. Bernard!!!!!!!

I plan to watch The Crown. It fits in with my current British obsession. I still need to finish the last 2 of WestWorld. Bernard!!!!!!!
If you like British-themed shows, I'm pretty sure you'll like The Crown. The wife and I are loving it so far.

Oooo.. Westworld! So freaking good. We kept seeing friends talk about it, so we kinda begrudgingly started it. Wow, we're glad we did.

We kept seeing friends talk about it, so we kinda begrudgingly started it. Wow, we're glad we did.

That is how I felt about Breaking Bad. I was thinking "STFU about this show already" then I watched it and was totally sucked in.

We kept seeing friends talk about it, so we kinda begrudgingly started it. Wow, we're glad we did.

That is how I felt about Breaking Bad. I was thinking "STFU about this show already" then I watched it and was totally sucked in.
Yes, same here!

The one show that (some) people still can't believe we don't/didn't watch is The Walking Dead. We just couldn't get into it. We tried so many times (i.e., we watched four episodes), and we just couldn't do it.

There was another show about the end of civilization as we know it (several years ago); the name is escaping me at the moment. But, I couldn't stand it. It made no scientific/physical sense. Things went wrong, as they always do in these shows, and planes were literally falling out of the sky while spinning. If the engines fail in a plane, it turns into a glider. How do planes start spinning? Then, it was like "5 years later" and some cars were completely rusted on the outside while others were totally fine. I'm pretty sure a Prius won't rust in 5 years, even when left outside for 5 years. I just couldn't get past the things that were so completely scientifically wrong. (Like how the grass was manicured in a couple scenes of The Walking Dead... ehhhhh...)

I do watch TWD but since it's about zombies, I can easily add that suspension of reality to include people cutting their grass lol.

Haha, touche.

Most reactions

Back