What's in your bag???

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I listen to a photography podcast (www.tipsfromthetopfloor.com) and the host dedicated a recent show to going over all of the equipment he has in his camera bag and what he uses it for.

He had some decent ideas and as I'm starting to build my bag of tricks I thought some of you might as well. Of course everyone has their camera (s) and lens (es) but what about the more obscure stuff?

Hmmm not sure. It was played maybe... a month or two ago. He comes out with new podcasts each week, sometimes more often. They're pretty decent if you're into Podcasts. Some are more basic, others more advanced. He also throws some Photoshop info in sometimes.

I'll look when I get home from work (and can surf the web more openly) and if I find it I'll post the link.

6Speed said:
Nice. Which cast is it? I can't seem to locate it.

Most useful thing in my bag that isn't "photo gear" is a mini dry-erase board. It's about 3" square and magnetic. I keep a dry erase marker in the bag too. Since I'm shooting film, I (when I remember) write the location and date on the board and shoot it for the first frame of the roll. Makes it easier to keep track when going through the prints later.

Mine is a bottle of Liquid Maalox. Since I do a lot of BMX photography and ride myelf, it helps after you eat Arby's so you dont get an extremely upset stomach.

a coin.... to unscrew/detach the tripod mount..... a penknife.... just cuz its good to have... and has different tools on it..... a pair of weight lifting gloves (only through autumn/winter)..... because they're are fingerless..... padded on the palms for better grip.... and are a fraction of the cost of pro wildlife gloves. ;)

I have a hotel shower cap! It keeps my camera dry when it's raining!

i keep two garbage bags and a yellow cellophane PC, one white and one black.
4 cloths line clips.
1 small water bottle.
the bags make great backdrops out in the hikes and the yellow cellophane makes the skin tones more warm when the flash is used on people.
The cloths line clips fastens the bags to twigs I see on the ground and then use the twigs as supports for the bag/bags.
the bags also shield from wind. the white bag does a great job in defusing the harsh light from the flash. The black bag does a great job in shielding light at mid noon.
the water bottle is for spraying flowers and or the objects in the background to darken the BG.

hmm... i also keep a coin for the trypod mount and for the battery in my camera... i also have Large ziplock Freezer bags... i toss one in my pocket if it looks like rain is possible.... my Eos with a big flash on it fits in just right... w/o zipping... Also i keep a pen/pensil and paper for notes. also in winter/cold weather i have a pair of insulated workgloves that i woreout/cut acouple fingers off for workin the cam. and always have Excedrine Migrane with me... for those models that... well ... you know...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back