What's it worth?

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have you made more off of your photography than you have spent in the last year?

No, I broke even. It's a hobby and I've spent nothing and I've earned nothing.

In the last year? well from this time this year to this time last year I have spend more on photography than any other hobby I have ever had before (with the possible exception of the computer - though its not got much ahead of the camera gear) and I have earnt -------- £0.00 from the camera so far!

One day when I understand printing via printing labs a little better and also when I am (generally) better than I am now I might try to put together a website (most likley based around one of the online companies which do the printing, hosting and shipping) and then probably try to recoup the fees for the service at least. I would like to make money off my photography, but I know that the areas I am interested in are not the major selling markets (lots of people like macro photos - very few want them on their wall or desk though). Landscape is one option, but I am not well kitted nor experienced for this (I think I have 3 passable landscape shots total!)

Will I ever earn the money back from photography?
Well honestly I do not expect to - that is not why I am interested in it and not my primary hoped for end result from the hobby

Not even close.... For me, it is a hobby with no expectations of earnings.
* I have made portraits and event type photographs in exchange for other things.
* 80% of all new gear bought last year was paid through the sale of other items.

[EDIT] ok, I lied... more like 70% now that I actually look at my check register.. :lol:

Hahahaha... the day Photography gives me 5-digits in a year is the year that I've turned pro. No, nowhere even CLOSE to that... but then again, honestly, I am not even trying. Photography is my hobby, my passion... not my carreer or my business. My business has exploded (yes, even in this economy!). There is absolutely no way that photography could come close to giving me the financial stability that my business does.

I have made 3 times the ammount of $$ then I have spent on gear, and another book gig on the way.
I just got asked to shoot a wedding, and said no...no...no...Im a hobby photographer, and they just keep nagging. I finally said...I would only do it, in exchange for sex...no $$$ :lol::lmao::lol: I think there is a deal in the works. :p

:lmao::lmao::lmao:mad:Chiller. Boy, you're about to loose your... Ahem. anyway. ;)

Made some pocket change from 1/1 to 1/1 last. Only because I refused to buy anything until I had already paid for it. :lol:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:mad:Chiller. Boy, you're about to loose your... Ahem. anyway. ;)
Dude...whats a non pro to do. :lol: Im just hoping maybe I can shoot the wedding party in the cemetery....
9.gif

why do I know thats a no go.

Dude...whats a non pro to do. :lol: Im just hoping maybe I can shoot the wedding party in the cemetery....
9.gif

why do I know thats a no go.

Cemetery- I thought you were going to say nude.

Cemetery- I thought you were going to say nude.
Hey....if they want to do a nude cemetery wedding shot....Im in....would make for a great critique post ....eh?
5.gif

Hey....if they want to do a nude cemetery wedding shot....Im in....would make for a great critique post ....eh?
5.gif

Like, it would enhance the bride to increase the depth of field?

Have you made more off of your photography than you have spent in the last year?

LOL ... since the only timeline was for what I spent then yeah ... combining 15 years as a full-time professional pretty much overcomes what I spent in a single year.

Gary

Most reactions

Back